Welcome to the forum

WANTED kids road bike

edited December 2012 in Youth
Hi All,

Been a while since I was out with the club, nearly a year in fact....

Anyway, with Christmas coming around my son has decided that he wants to be the next Mark Cavendish and so I am on the hunt for a 24" wheel road bike for him. I've been checking eBay etc but its the usual story that Islabikes are like the proverbial hens teeth and cheap steel junk is going for a fortune.

Is there anybody out there in ccashwell land that has a bike like this that their kids may have grown out of?

Jamie Q

Comments

• Hens teeth indeed. I know 1 or 2 26 inch islabikes have just changed hands but dont know of any others at the moment.
    Will let you know if i hear of anything.
  • Do you need a drop-barred Luath in particular or are you also interested in a flat-barred Islabike Beinn? I have a blue Beinn 24 which I'll be selling soon. It's pretty versatile - my son has used it for cyclocross, MTB, triathlons, and the occasional time trial & road event when 1" slick tyres are fitted.

Whisper me a message if interested.

Mark F
  • Don't want to take Mark's thunder but I have a Beinn 24 which is for sale right now as I managed to find Holly a Luath 700.

These bikes are very versatile and a great intro to cycling.

Whisper message if you are interested as I need to get it on ebay in advance of Christmas if it doesn't go locally.

Andrew
  • Also have a Beinn available. Its a 1 year old Beinn 26 small in red. (suitable for 8+ but best to look on the Isla site for sizing info)
  • Hi All

Thanks for the comments and offers, sorry has to be dropped bar as he already has a mountain bike.
    I'll keep looking.

J