Welcome to the forum

Sunday Club Run 16th December @ 09:00

edited December 2012 in Club runs
Sunday Club Run 9.00am from the 3 Tuns. 40 miles at a steady 15-16 mph.

Route suggestion:
Ashwell, Langford, Ireland, Haynes End, Maulden, Pulloxhill, Gravenhurst, Clifton, Ashwell

The weather is looking reasonable...

See you there.

Comments

• Great, thanks Shaun, should be able to make tomorrow...ive never heard of Pulloxhill, looking forward to seeing where that is!
  • It's quite steep, from what I remember...
  • Coming on this one
  • Im new and im coming along to see what its all about...hope i can keep up

Cheers
    Graham
  • Fairly disastrous for me, punctured after 100m then with the help of a very friendly chap put in a spare tube only for that to go after another few hundred metres! Gave up and went back, having now looked at my tyre i have a 5-10mm cut all the way through the tyre allowing the tube to push through.

New tyre ordered and i'll be back soon, hopefully with more luck, who knows what i rode over.....

Thanks guys/girls hope you had a good ride.

Graham
  • Unlucky Graham, that really wasnt a great start! theres always next time. I think we had 3 or was it 4 punctures before Hinxworth! All ok after that.

Thanks for a good route Shaun, 41 miles at 16.5 ish. Good ride. Stef, where did you go? hope you got back ok.
  • better luck next time Graham.

when we left langford after the 4th puncture my rear tyre went straight away. didnt think it was fair expecting you all to wait again, so called and texted MC and Tim to say dont wait. message obviously didnt get through.

Without the pressure of keeping everyone waiting i checked the tyre carefully and found three tiny flints embedded, so probably saved myself from another puncture.
    Followed your route for a bit but didnt see you again so headed off to cardington.

still managed 45 miles and home as instructed before 12:30 so a good morning. would have far rather ridden with you folks but c'est la vie.
  • Nearly a dozen out on a pretty good day, weatherwise, for December. As Tim mentions, a few false starts early doors (hope to see you again Graham - it happens to us all...) but everything was nice and tidy after Langford. Some less travelled roads around Maulden, Flitwick, Greenwood and Pulloxhill (which looked quite steep coming up the other way). Enjoyed it. We even had christmas cake outside the Tuns afterwards, courtesy of Jane! Nice.
  • Passed you guys just outside of Hinxworth. On the subject of punctures, I can wholly recommend Bontrager Hardcase, only £17.99 inc club discount at Trisports, and Continental Ultra Gatorskin. I have the former on the rear and latter on the front, and had no problems after a number of rides. And I use Vittoria tubes.

Great day for a ride, sunrise was awesome.
  • so i tried to keep up with the fast boys... managed 30 miles before legs decided it was home-time. pootled back the last 15 or so miles from welwyn at a miserable speed and still averaged 16.8 so they must have been going a fair lick before then... thanks for lugging me around for a bit!
  • edited December 2012
    Puncture fairy: I'm bored, Shaun. Do you know where I can find Pearce?
    Shaun: Yes I do. (S whispers into PF's ear...)
    Puncture fairy: Thanks.
  • I'll make sure I come on your next ride then Shaun ;)
  • Thanks gents....I'll definitely be back. Working the next 3 weekends though so it'll be the new year sadly

Cheers
    Graham
  • shaun

thanks for the route nice ride , great weather too finished on 42 miles so that worked out spot on i would have gone back to ashwell with you all but those punctures took their toll on the time so i was still able to get things done when i got home.

not allowed out next week my son wife & grandaughter down for the week end if i don't see you all have a great xmas.

strappy.