Welcome to the forum

Christmas Eve Monday or Boxing Day Wednesday rides?

edited December 2012 in General
Getting this one in early as I, and i guess others, need to plan what time to spend on the wheels over Christmas. It will be my first club outing for a while.

I have a Festive Fifty route in mind if people are happy for me to navigate. I will reccy this over the weekend. But on which day, Eve or Boxing?
50 might be a bit far for Boxing day, or maybe those who have been overindulgent want to punish themselves!?

ps. apparently the puncture fairy is due to visit me, but she won't be able to find me as i will be in disguise. I also don't have a winter bike and mudguards, but i do have a nifty whistle on my hydration pack so i can navigate from the rear if needed.

Also has anyone seen the weather for the week? Awful

Comments

• I'll join you on Christmas Eve (and if P Fairy asks, my lips will be sealed)
  • Yeah me too. Probably both.
  • there's always a big (as in, popular) club ride on boxing day - 50mi is probably tooo long. I'll hopefully be able to join both though!
  • I expect there will be several rides going out on Boxing Day. I've just put up a proposal for a cafe ride out to Danish Camp, 40m @ 16s...
  • Yep to clarify let's do this one on Monday Christmas Eve, 9am from the tuns.
    Final chance to make some room for the turkey.
    Aim to be in the 16's so back a little after 12.
  • Bring your umbrella's, rain all day Monday :)

Is everyone still in or are you thinking of doing the Sunday runs instead?

I can do either day.
  • Update - to save indecision and messing around (well, not more than i will now), I'm going to scrap this ride on Christmas Eve and will turn up on Sunday 9am.

If enough people want to do it then I'll run it then, otherwise I'll just join another ride. Seeing as the Saturday is equally bad weather, i can expect there will be more Sunday riders.

Makes little sense doing it on Monday when the weather is far better on the Sunday.
  • I'm still hoping to get out on Christmas Eve

Call me an optimist, but some of the forecasters are more positive about Monday eg http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/steeple-morden/sg8-0/hourly-weather-forecast/709086?hour=81
  • What does it matter about the weather after today?

Mayan weather forecast
  • It's been a while since my last club run so I'm feeling christmas eve, ill have an extra stone to carry on boxing day, i probably wont make it...
  • 5 weeks and no riding.
    Stinking, stinking cold and to top it all, this morning, I awoke with a sore throat. Again.
    Next year, maybe?
    And a merry festive holiday to you all! (pass me another tissue)
  • have a great ride everyone........sorry I can't join you as am going back to Durham......happy christmas to all......I'll be back down end Jan so hope to ride out with the club then.