Welcome to the forum

Saturday Programme up until Easter

edited January 2013 in Youth
Hi all,

Here is the Saturday programme up until Easter. Some exciting stuff to look forward to. A trip to Epping Forest Mountain Biking, BMXing at Royston (bookings needed) and an interclub novices Cyclo-Cross series with Welwyn Wheelers.

12th Jan Off-road training at Ashwell 1:30-3:30pm - £3
19th Jan West Suffolk Wheelers Cyclo-Cross www.easterncross.org.uk for details
26th Jan Mountain Bike Ride at Epping Forest – meet at Kings Oak, High Beech 10am – 1pm
2nd Feb Off-road training at Ashwell 1:30-3:30pm - £3
9th Feb Muddy Monsters Novices Cyclo-Cross Racing at Welwyn Garden City (Inter-Club with Welwyn Wheelers) Times TBC
16th Feb BMX session at Royston Track (Bikes and helmets can be borrowed) 16 places only so book in advance £5 Times TBC
23rd Feb Muddy Monsters Novices Cyclo-Cross Racing at Ashwell (Inter-Club with Welwyn Wheelers) 1:30-3:30pm - £3
2nd March Off-road training at Ashwell 1:30-3:30pm - £3
9th March Muddy Monsters Novices Cyclo-Cross Racing at Welwyn Garden City (Inter-Club with Welwyn Wheelers) Times TBC
16th March Off-road training at Ashwell 1:30-3:30pm - £3
23rd March Off-road training at Ashwell 1:30-3:30pm - £3
30th March Off-road training at Ashwell 1:30-3:30pm - £3

Mark.

Comments

• Hi Mark, please could I book a place for Edward at the BMX on 16/2
    Thanks Alistair
  • No problem Alistair.
  • Hi all,

Sorry I have had to cancel the BMX session on the 16th Feb. There will be a normal session at Smallgains instead.

Mark.
  • Yes the Saturday session on 16th February starts at 1.30pm. We have some exciting training planned on the small circuit and some practice riding the mounds.
  • Vincent....I hope you don't mean the small track....please try and stay off the inside track line as they need to recover from last year......If you are referring to Tim's small training track then that is o.k.......I'm coming down 1st March to look at track and seed/repair and fertilise so when grass starts growing again we will have 2 months of new growth to help thicken up and cover bald patches........please everyone...if you don't rest the main tracks then our facility will never be fully grassed...it takes several years to develop properly.
  • Geoff,
    Yes we are staying off the bigger two tracks. I think it may help to spread some sand in the wonderful furrow lines and top dress with seed otherwise we will not get rid of the groove. It would be worth finding out if the track should be scarified and aerated to improve the sward. Also applying fertiliser.
  • would welcome help and volunteers when I'm down so that others know what needs doing......anyone willing to get involved in a little TLC for our track??
  • Geoff -

I'm happy to lend a hand - weekend afternoons are favourite - let me know what the schedule is and I'll commit to when I can help.

Andrew
  • thanks Andrew....I'm down on 2nd March till Sunday 10th so will check the track on 2nd to see what we need to do......
  • Just a reminder that there is a session at Smallgains on Saturday from 1:30 - 3pm.
  • around the lumps and bumps Mark?.....I'll happily lend a hand on the session if required......need any help to set up?
  • hi Mark are the next 3 still going on? (or one of them)
  • Nathaniel,

They are - but they are really for U16's. You are welcome to go along and have a play but you will probably find it's not what you are after.

Mark.
  • oh thanks! I thought that might be the case
  • Dear All,

I think we'll have to cancel the session planned for this Saturday. The forecast is awful and 2 of the 5 hardy cyclists who've been turning up regularly are away for the weekend.

Sorry Archie B, Holly & Sophie .. stay warm instead!

See you soon,

Lindsey
  • Hello Lindsey,

Thank you for letting us know - the weather is quite horrible! Archie won't be there for the next 2 weekends as we are away so it'll be 13th April before he's back. However the bike will have to come with us!

See you soon, hopefully Spring will have arrived by then!

Sallie
  • Hi Sallie - thanks for letting me know. I'm not sure of the plans for after Easter but we'll get something posted soon.

Have fun,

Lindsey
  • No session tomorrow folks,

All the regulars with the possible exception of Holly and Sophie are away. Ill keep you posted for next week but there will definitely be a session on the 13th.
  • Folks,

I cant do tomorrow and i think most are not around so lets resume next week, the 13th. Maybe spring will even have arrived!
  • Yes and I have two intermediate sessions planned for 13th. April so sessions may run on to 3 to 3.30pm
    The sessions will include cornering skills and we will do lots on the bendy circuit set up by the trench.
    The second session will be on the small grass track practicing bottlenecks and slalom.
    These all build up to the finale the following week (20th april) which is a cyclocross circuit including a mound, moving dismounts, fast and bendy sections. Perfect for the intermediates 9 to 16 years range as a rule of thumb. It will be challenging and we will have some race laps for those that want to test themselves.
  • Great, the sun will be shining, the birds singing etc etc so if you are under 16 come on down on the 13th.
  • Hello,

The sessions sound great - what about the under 9's though? and do the Saturday sessions continue when the Thursday evening sessions start.

Best wishes and thanks for everything,

Sallie
  • When i said under 16s i meant all ages under 16 ie kids of all ages rather than just under 16's. Sorry, that was a bit confusing!

Once we start thursdays we wont be doing the Saturdays, at least not as they currently are. There will likely be an adult session and maybe a session for those unable to do Thursdays.
  • Thanks Tim - it was the 9-16 bit that threw me on Vincents thread - but then I am easily confused!!

We will see you all on Saturday - Thursday nights starting again somehow feels like Summer must be coming!
  • We are good to go tomorrow, 1.30. hopefully will still be dry.
  • This Saturday is the last afternoon session. Vincent has some exciting races planned so come on down.

Im at the IC 10 but hopefully my lads will be there.