Welcome to the forum

Youth Workshops Coming Up

edited January 2013 in Youth
Hi all,

Just a reminder about the two workshops we have coming up

1. Snickers Talk by Talent Development Coach Rob Sharman - Thursday 10th January at Ashwell School, 6:30pm for 7pm start – Please let me know if you are intending to come, especially if you want to take part in the practical session. Juniors welcome but priority to youth/novice juniors in the practical session. This is all about becoming the best rider you possibly can.

2. On Thursday 17th of January, Richard Maynard will be running an introduction to road and track racing. He will cover all you need to know about getting started including the vital topic of how to set up your gears. All welcome – no bookings necessary. This will again be at Ashwell School, 6:30pm for 7pm start.

Mark.

Comments

• Hi Mark
    I plan to come to both with my eldest son Matt (14). Hopefully my youngest son Daniel (11) will also come.

Best regards
    Peter
  • Thanks Richard (and Josh - a great double act!) for an informative evening. I'm already looking for the tape measure to check the gears.

Thanks Mark for organising these talks.

I've had a look at the BC website for the calender of races and seen some that we could do. Despite just turning 14 it seems that Matt will now be a Youth A rider. In one way that's good as he has a number of friends riding with the club who are Youth A too and it would be good for them to get together. As you mentioned the forum seems a good place for this group to share which races they are attending and maybe get a group together at these.

Cheers

Peter