Welcome to the forum

The Macc Monster

edited January 2013 in Sportives
13th April I am planning on riding the Macc Monster www.maccmonster.co.uk

If anyone from the club wants to join would always be good to have a wheel to hang off.
Fairly challenging sportive of 105kms with 7500ft of 8 classified climbs,

I am also riding it for Doctors in Nepal which is a super small charity my friend runs, I know sponsorship is like a swear word at this time of year but if anyone would like to give http://www.justgiving.com/Tom-Duncan1

Will defiantly do a little review and photos etc.... Hilly route club runs on a Saturday most welcome..

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I'm interested, Tom. It'd be a great way to see some of The Peak District and especially Mow Cop

(Not sure I can provide you with a wheel to hang off, but I'll do my best)

PS if you want hill practice, come and do the Harp Hilly, a week on Sunday - see other thread
  • BTW the website lists Mow Cop as 1 of the classified climbs, but the route map doesn't actually seem to include it ... unless Mow Cop the hill and Mow Cop the village are some distance apart? ... or perhaps Mow Cop is Peak-speak for any steep hill you like!
  • Tom & Jane, Did you enter this? Im doing a sportive in Scotland the week after this and one in Pembrikeshire just after that, but I might also enter this one too.
  • Decided not to in the end, but I'm hoping to get a weekend in the Peaks instead. Probably in April and it will include Mow Cop :)
  • Yes still doing this
  • OK, I still have to get a geen card.....but will report back in the next day or 2.
  • Cool, how did you get on?
  • Not good Im afraid, with a wiggle on the 6th, Scotland Spotive on the 20th weekend and the tour of pembrikeshire on the 27th its wasnt a well received suggestion! Looks like you might be on your own with this one.
  • ah ok not worry I've roped in a friend from manchester and can crash up there after....sounds like you've got your hands full!
  • Hello all any sponsorship much welcome!

www.justgiving.com/Tom-Duncan1/