This local sportive has been very well attended by CCA in past years:
2012 Forum Thread
2011 Forum Thread
2010 Forum Thread

Are we up for it again?

Entries are now open:
Chiltern Hundred 2013 - Online Entry

Team name is Cycle Club Ashwell.

Put that in both the Team Name and Club Name fields when you enter. Adding the team name to your online entry will allow your individual performance to count towards the team award. This applies to riders in both the Gran and Medio.

Comments

• Hi Shaun,
    Please do create a team for CC Ashwell. Please post the name you use. (Thanks)

In case anyone is in any doubt this is a really good sportive and is relatively close to us.

Daniel
  • Shaun
    This is a deffo for me once you have registered the team I will put my name down cracking ride.

Cheers

Strappy .
  • Me too. Had a brilliant day there, last year, riding in David J's tidy peloton
  • Put me down for a space Shaun .cheers. mickg.
  • edited January 2013
    I emailed Eddie with our team registration a few days ago but I've not received a reply so far...

Nevertheless, the team name is Cycle Club Ashwell.

Put that in both the Team Name and Club Name fields when you enter. Adding the team name to your online entry will allow your individual performance to count towards the team award. This applies to riders in both the Gran and Medio.

All riders need to enter via the website: Chiltern Hundred 2013 - Online Entry

Entries are now open.
  • Will entering at the end of the month be too late? 15 places and all
  • I'm in for Gran Fondo
  • Any number of CCA riders can enter online until the event has sold out. The first 15 CCA riders that enter online will take our guaranteed places.

So to answer your question, you'll only miss out if at least 15 CCA riders have entered before the end of the month and the event has also sold out. You'll have to judge for yourself the likelihood of that scenario happening...

The entry lists are public: Gran / Medio / Corto. The organiser has stated the event will have 1450 entries in total. Last year's event did eventually sell out, but not until April, I believe.
  • I'm in and there are 43 entries so far
    I am so looking forward to riding in shorts again. Bit hard to imagine right now
  • I'm in too!

Daniel
  • hi all

just booked it, another one for the blue train.

strappy.
  • I've signed up!
  • I'm in
    John
  • According to Eddie the organiser we hadn't registered as a team so I don't know what happened there Shaun. I just managed to sneak in but entries are full now. I have registered us as team so we do get a team certificate and the chance to have a team photo taken.

Mark.
  • Hi all, glad to see this is still on the CCA calendar of events, its a great event! From Mark's above comment, i may have left it too late but am going to try and enter (just sent my old mate Eddie a note - who you know and all that ;-) .....

having completed my 'cycling sabbatical' I am now looking to return to the cycling obsessed idiot that was 'The Skelders' :-) - watch this space for a few lastminute.com away days... anyone doing the
  • I am on the waiting list for this event - didn't realise it sells out so quickly. Any help getting up the list would be appreciated Tim:) glad to hear you are back in the game. Etape is a possible how many are there to choose from this year?
  • aparently just 1??? am just looking at Maratona dles Dolomites as an alternative... :-)
  • Mark
    I definitely sent our team request to Eddie but never did get a confirmation thinking back on it... (thanks for arranging the new registration).

I've emailed Eddie again to notify him of our original request back in Jan. We have 12 registered for the Gran at the moment. I'm hoping Eddie will allow us the three more entries we should've been entitled to if my request had actually got to him...

Shaun
  • edited March 2013
    Had a reply from Eddie.

He will honour my original request for 15 reserved places. However, the 15 places refers to both Gran and Medio entries. Currently we have 14 entries combined across the two distances (12 Gran, 2 Medio).

Hence we still have one reserved place, as yet unassigned... Skelders / James??

Eddie did suggest to me that anyone else who wants a place (on the Gran) "should join the reserves list quickly as there is a good chance they will get entries offered in April".

So if anyone else is wanting to ride this event, perhaps do that now.
  • Thanks Shaun, I would like to ride at Manchester so will pass on this event. Hope you are back in the saddle soon.
  • names on the list :-}
  • now.... where did i put that bike.... ????
  • Skelders

you won't find your bike you sold them all ! you could always do it on the billy bromton.

Good to see you back on the force.

strappy.

(bet you got a couple stashed away).
  • So Skelders, are you taking the 15th CCA reserved place?

If you are, you need to be on the Gran reserves list (I think you are already?) and then email Eddie and tell him you're taking the final CCA place and he'll enter you into the event.

BTW, glad to see you're on the scene again and hope to see you on the road soon :)
  • Have already spoken to Eddie, will give him a nudge tomorrow but he said on Monday that he wd sort it.

thanks matey ... u may well see me on the road, well at the start anyway ;-) i have 10kgs of beer to shift first!!!!
  • I'm getting better but realistically I won't be able to do this. I have a place in the CCA team for the Gran Fondo, so that place is available if anyone wants it.
  • I'm racing the day before, but would love to ride this if there are any places still spare?
  • Luke.
    The Fifth columnist from this morning?
    I know a man who might be able to help you out there.
    Contact Tom on the other thread as I have had my 75 mile ride pulled as I now have a family commitment, so can't ride.
  • Hi Chiltern 100 riders,

Did you all get the message about the HQ change?

The Chiltern Hundred will start from a new HQ in Chesham and this will reduce the total distance for Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo riders by 8km or 5 miles.

The 2013 Chiltern Hundred will start at the suitably named Chiltern Hills Academy in the centre of Chesham. The HQ address is Chiltern Hills Academy, Chartridge Lane, Chesham HP5 2RG. The new HQ will facilitate all the features we know you like: quick registration, refreshments before, and after your ride, changing rooms and showers for men and women, and the Fete du Village. There is also ample hard standing parking available in the near-by public car parks in Chesham, which are free on Sundays.

It will not change the classic loops, fantastic views or climbs of the Chilterns undertaken by the Gran Fondo or Medio Fondo riders. The 8km, or 5 miles reduction arise because of the long flat spur to Amersham HQ is replaced by a shorter 300m link in Chesham.

All of the detail will be updated in the Rider Briefing that will be sent to all entrants once entries close the week before the event.

Mark.