Welcome to the forum

Chiltern Classics Hemel Hempstead CC - Sunday 3rd Feb

edited January 2013 in Sportives
After missing out on the Harp Hilly Hundred, I'm hoping to do this one instead in two weeks time:

This third reliability trial of the series starts and finishes at the Hemel Hempstead CC club house in Nash Mills recreation centre, near Kings Langley, Hemel Hempstead... The route travels out through Chesham, Wendover and Chinnor returning through Speen, Gt. Missenden, Chesham, Kings Langley and back to the club house with refreshments. It is a hilly circuit climbing some of the well-known Chiltern Hills of Chinnor and the notorious 1 in 4, Small Dean Lane, a killer but mercifully short, but with a well earned tea and cake stop at the top. Frith Hill is also included in the route.

http://www.hemelcycling.org.uk/events/chiltern-classics-hemel-hempstead-cc

Same start location as the HHH, still 100km in the Chilterns, just less snow... hopefully.

Comments

• I like the sound of the "notorious 1 in 4, Small Dean Lane, a killer but mercifully short"

Who could resist that? I'm in
  • Still planning to go over for this one on Sunday. Anybody else?

Start 9 am. On-the-line entry. £5.

HQ:
    Nash Mills Recreation Centre
    Nash Mills Lane
    Kings Langley
    Hemel Hempstead
    HP3 9TE
  • I am planning to be there.
    Alistair
  • edited February 2013
    Alistair, Jane and myself were there. Well supported event, total number of riders just over 100. The Chiltern lanes were a bit of a challenge, very mucky and a lot of potholes, but it was great to be in the hills! Chinnor Hill, Small Dean Lane and Frith Hill were the signature climbs, but there were quite a few more including a six mile drag out from Chesham.

The three of us rode around together and did 59 miles @ 16 which given the terrain and road conditions was not a bad effort.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/269287409
  • edited February 2013
    Was a very nice ride and a good warm up for the Harp hilly. Would heartily recommend both.
    Hard work though, not to be underestimated with 16 requiring quite an effort at times.

Lets hope there are more of us for HH.

Alistair

Having forgotten to stop the Garmin before driving home, I managed 97 miles at just over 22mph, if only !
  • Having sat behind you for most of the morning, Alistair, yes you were awesome. (Probably not 22mph awesome though. Maybe next time)