Welcome to the forum

ERRL Road Comms course 23rd Feb

edited February 2013 in Road Racing
We still have no one coming forward for a Road Commissaires or Accredited Marshall course

There is a course on 23rd Feb..it is free and it involves a day…I think you only commit as much as you want and initially start off as an assistant and work you way through over time.

I have been informed that having a road Comm or an accredited Marshall in the club has become part of the ERRL rules.If we don't it will mean we will no longer be able to be affiliated and that will make getting in to road races in this area very difficult or impossible particularly for anyone under 40 as they can always do LVRC events.

Could someone please come forward to help with our sport...

Comments

• there were a lot of nice words spoken at our club dinner in January about how everyone loved what CCA was and how glad they were to be a part of it.

Many people have come forward as coaches and committee members to take on the responsibilities of making the club work for all those who just want to cycle.

Many parents give of their time to organise and support their and other young riders racing activities.

How about one or two of the adult racers stepping up and doing this course. You really won't find it a bind or chore. You will discover a whole new side to racing and may even surprise yourself by really enjoying the new discipline. I know one commisaire who whilst still a volunteer with a full time job has become one of the top national commisaires adjudicating at 2012 Olympics on the track.
    If a couple of you take this on you can even share the workload making it even less onerous.

If you really want this club to continue to be as good as many say it is then some of you riders need to be a little more involved. Too much is resting on too few shoulders at the moment.
    Tim and Stef need more people to step up and help with managing the club...so come on CCA riders...it's not TOO much to ask ...Is it?
  • No takers yet??

Come on CCA riders/racers.......Carmelo needs your help here. Just think how much time he has given to start and maintain the Primavera road race for the club.
    If no-one steps up then it possibly can;t go ahead.
    He hasn't even ridden it once yet for CCA and he started it.
    Wouldn't it be a neat thing for someone to do this course and maybe for a couple more to take over the race helping out so that Carmelo and maybe Trahern could ride in it this year???
  • Well the good news seems to be that the ERRL might not be enforcing this rule after all!

Also Vic Brown and James McKenzie have shown an interest in Road and Track Commissaire courses anyway so that will be great!!

Will keep you posted.
  • edited February 2013
    Great stuff!

This is all a bit over my head at the mo, but I'd really like to help out with Primavera
  • HeyJane....really appreciate that....are you sure you won't be riding? I'll put up a women's prize if you do..
    If not then always grateful for help.
  • that's good news everyone......EERL do seem unduly rulebook oriented and fastidious, but glad we have a couple willing to do the honours if required...well done everyone