Welcome to the forum

Cyclo-Cross Season Review

edited February 2013 in Cyclocross/Offroad
The main Cyclo-Cross season is over and done with apart from a few youth races. It was a brilliant season for CCA with some great results and more riders than ever. We came a best ever 4th team overall ahead of traditional 'cross powerhouses like Ipswich BC, Colchester Rovers and of course our neighbours Welwyn Wheelers.

Our individual roll of honour in the Eastern League was
1st Girl Under 12 - Helena Dyce

2nd Boy Under 10 - James Fraser
2nd Vet - Jackie Field
2nd Junior - Theo Doncaster

Other regulars who scored points in the league were
U12s/U10s - Adam Lightfoot, Felix Field, Daniel Green, Ethan Green, Alfie Duckett, Archie Bracewell, Mark Lightfoot
Youth - Lottie Dyce, Noah Field, Henry Skelding, Gareth Lewis
Juniors - Jon Chapman (7th), Bryn Davies (8th)
Women - Anna Fraser (6th Vet), Stevie Wyer (8th Vet)
Vets - Craig Dyce, Stuart Field, Tim Duckett, Phil Keen and myself
Elite Vets - Daniel Doncaster

Mark.

Comments

• The season finished off with the Team Championships at Mistley last Sunday. The course was livened up by a great deal of slippery mud which made many of the descents exciting and unpredictable. The start was livened up by ranks of riders featuring one from each team starting at 30 second intervals.

We had a Vets 45+ and a women's team entered in the first race. Individual results were
    Craig Dyce 6th
    Mark Wyer 16th
    Stuart Field 26th
    Andrew Robertson 37th

Jackie Field 4th
    Stevie Wyer 13th
    Anna Fraser 14th

There was considerable confusion at the end over the results calculation but in the end the Women's team were credited with third place and the vet mens team with 7th.

The Under 12's team came an excellent third place with
    5th Adam Lightfoot
    9th James Fraser
    21st Helena Dyce
    44th Felix Field
    Also competing in a composite team was Mark Lightfoot in 38th.

Lottie Dyce and Noah Field competed without a team in the youth race and came 29th and 32nd.

Mark.
  • I would agree with Mark. There was some exciting racing.

Shame about the mess at the end. At one point CCA had 3 third places and I even had a medal to prove but now I have to give it back :-(

The site does not show the ammended results yet but a great effort fromm CCA all the same.

Stuart
  • Photos of CC Ashwell's veterans and women at Mistley:-