Welcome to the forum

Does anyone have a spare CCA cycle cap?

edited February 2013 in General
I'm aware there used to be CCA cycle caps available but they haven't been around for a while.

Does anyone have an old one they no longer use that i can buy?

Comments

• I gather they weren't that great. But It would be brilliant if we could get some more count me in.
  • Looking back on old discussions it seems the minimum order was 25, and they were about £6.50 each.
    Unfortunately i know they aren't that fashionable anymore, safety first etc.
  • i'll take 24 of them.

seriously, caps are great, wouldn't mind a couple of CCA caps to stick under my helmet.

actually, that sounds quite painful.

count me in if an order goes off
  • I have one of the ones from the previous Endura batch. It's ok but baggy and the peak bit big.

Possibly worth seeing if they have one or two newer types now. Ask for a sample. Then set up a doodle to try for minimum order.
  • yeah count me in, it is against the rules to wear a pro team kit, and an i keep wearing the sky cap under my cycle helmet.
  • Sounds like Kit needs to get involved.

Mark, can you confirm prices, min. order, when we could get them etc? Thanks.
  • as i recall they were huge so if your a big head !

if the cap fits wear it.

strappy.
  • Hi all please see below the reply from Endura re caps November 12

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately we don’t offer a club caps at all.

We did supply these a few years ago. Originally we soured out of house from Belgian supplier Capan but the quality was really poor, so much so that we stopped using them. We managed to find another supplier Rush based in Manchester. The caps they supplied were good quality, however they were produced in Pakistan and they failed to supply us with ethical working certificates (the area they were produced in is infamous for child labour) – so we stopped using them quite quickly.

Unfortunately it’s not something we’re set up to produce in house (we produce all custom range except mitts in house) and most reputable suppliers require quantities in hundreds to make it worth their while – so just too large volumes to be any use for clubs.

We’re always on the look out for options but can’t see them being offered in the foreseeable future.

Regards,

Alan Blue
    Custom Graphics Manager
    Endura Ltd

So at present not much chance if we went to another supplier would need to order too many but i will look anyway as there appears an interest.

Kit
  • edited February 2013
    Just hunting around... How about buying plain caps here (Blue/White) and getting them screen printed here?

Might need to get 25/30 orders for the screen printing to be financially viable though.
  • Ok,

I have e mailed waltz caps in the good ol' US of A who seem to make cotton caps r emin order and costings etc and will post when i here back, Martin has offered to help design the cap so it will look cool and retro at the very least!
    If people can start saying if they are interested so we can get an idea of numbers

IMPORTANT:

Rule #22
    // Cycling caps are for cycling.

Cycling caps can be worn under helmets, but never when not riding, no matter how hip you think you look. This will render one a douche, and should result in public berating or beating. The only time it is acceptable to wear a cycling cap is while directly engaged in cycling activities and while clad in cycling kit. This includes activities taking place prior to and immediately after the ride such as machine tuning and tire pumping. Also included are cafe appearances for pre-ride espressi and post-ride pub appearances for body-refueling ales (provided said pub has sunny, outdoor patio – do not stray inside a pub wearing kit or risk being ceremoniously beaten by leather-clad biker chicks). Under these conditions, having your cap skull-side tipped jauntily at a rakish angle is, one might say, de rigueur. All good things must be taken in measure, however, and as such it is critical that we let sanity and good taste prevail: as long as the first sip of the relevant caffeine or hop-based beverage is taken whilst beads of sweat, snow, or rain are still evident on one’s brow then it is legitimate for the cap to be worn. However, once all that remains in the cranial furrows is salt, it is then time to shower, throw on some suitable après-ride attire (a woollen Molteni Arcore training top circa ’73 comes to mind) and return to the bar, folded copy of pastel-coloured news publication in hand, ready for formal fluid replacement. It is also helpful if you are a Giant of the Road, as demonstrated here, rather than a giant douchebag.

This MUST be adhered to.

Kit
  • Interested
  • Interested. If it comes to it, I'll buy a blue one and attack it with Tipp-Ex.
  • I'll buy at least 3. Love a good cycling cap.
  • I'd take one
  • might even pay for it;)
  • So............

Initial response from across the pond is good. we need to order a min of 25 to make it viable

i count 7 here so if you are interested add here see if we can get enough interest

Kit
  • Tentatively interested pending design offering/s.
  • yes interested
  • I'll take 2
  • 1 for me

Vic
  • i'll buy 2
  • I'll buy 2

Luke
  • I'll have a flat cap.
  • I count 17 'sales', 1 tentative yes, and I'll take two. So we're pretty much at the 20 number. I imagine some could be kept in 'stock', so we could order 24-30? Is that enough Mark?
  • 'If the cap fits I'll wear it'

Daniel
  • Good numbers there then!

When Martin has finished the design he will post on here, then i can order a sufficient number with a few as stock

Kit
  • I would be interested too.

Scott S.
  • Any update on this please Mark?

I'm doing my best to blend in with a blue and white cap, would like a CCA one! :)
  • Bit of a backlog in the CCA design department. Hoping to get that resolved this weekend and then approve for production. Sorry for the delay.