Welcome to the forum

100 club

edited April 2013 in General
Are there any members out there who would be interested in doing a 100 mile ride once a month maybe the 1st Saturday or sunday of the month throughout the summer months ?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Shaun's thinking about navigating a 100-mile ride on Sat 18th May (day before Primavera). All welcome

It's likely to be a hilly one, but for more details ask the maestro
  • Sounds like a starting point and I'm off that day so I'm in .
    Ps well done today wish I could have been there . See you on Wednesday.
  • Yes I can make the Sunday but not the Saturday so maybe we can put that up as a sticky date with details of the ride .
  • Yeah definitely
    Probably won't do the one before the primavera though hah

Also 8 laps of the greenway in letchworth is also about 100 miles if anyone is up for it every now and then :)
  • Do we have any routes that go through woburn? I love that place in the summer, especially this hill climb that goes through a pretty dense forest, and there's a big carpark area at the bottom of it which would be good for the 50mi food break!!
  • If we do a chiltern day then we could go via Woburn .
  • I would be up for a regular CCA 100 miler. I'm not around 1st weekend in May sadly. Also note that 1st weekend in June is Chiltern 100 and 1st weekend in July is CCA Tour de Yorkshire. Those are going to dent attendance a bit...
  • mc

sounds good to me 1 month before the chiltern 100. perfect place to practice if you ask me .

pencil me in for this one.

strappy.
  • Ok so long as someone has a garmin we can put that in the diary .we may have to adjust future dates to accommodate other events and definitely want to do a wells ride this year
  • Yes am up for these too.
  • edited April 2013
    I'd really like to do these but can't do the 1st w/e of May or June or July or August - all of which are cycling events for me
    Any chance we could plan in some other dates? How about 22/23 June, 29/30 June, 13/14 July or 27/28 July? In August I'd join you on any w/e except the 1st one (which is Ride London 100)

And yep, definitely up for a Wells trip this year :)
  • The brand new back wheel was right off just managed to save hub , my mate has rebuilt the wheel for £60 which was good of him managed to get second hand derailleur for £10 of Terry another good friend so it could have been worse .I'll be watching for plastic bags in future.
  • oo err dangerous things, plastic bags. Glad to hear you're back on the road, Mick