Welcome to the forum

Sunday 5th May ride to Chilterns

edited April 2013 in General
100 miles over to the Chilterns via woburn exact route to be finalised but it will be a good warm up for the Chiltern 100 in June . Start 0800 ish with coffee and cake stops so bring some cash .

Comments

• Here are two routes I've used for previous CCA 100 miler rides out towards the Chilterns:

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=323336
    http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=393975

Both make use of two cafes: Stockgrove Country Park, Heath & Reach (nr. Woburn) and Ashridge Monument.
  • Thanks mate , hope to see you on the next one .
    Ps will be in touch regarding caf stops.
  • This event should read sunday 5 th may for anyone interested.
  • I'm in will be great TdY training see you there
  • title edited..
  • Hope to he there....
  • Thanks Stef couldn't work out how to do that . SB has given links to two routes which have good cafe stops we just need to download them from site onto a garmin and we are there , if thats ok with everyone .
  • What sort of pace are we talking? not too fast?
  • Hi all

i should be on this one will meet you on route as your heading my way langford/clifton area, its quite hilly so the pace should not to be to fast.

If you let me know what time you leave the tuns around 8.00am as posted above is the norm on a long run like this i can work out where to meet you.

I know some of the way out toward woburn but with your garmin should be a sinch.

strappy.
  • Have a good one. Bit sad I can't join you, but I'm off to do the Somerset Hills with Shaun

http://www.somersetgranfondo.co.uk/gran_fondo_details.html

Cheddar Gorge and Crowcombe Hill, here we come. (OMG)
  • Cheddar Gorge is amazing! Was working in Bristol a couple of summers ago, popped out to cheddar every day for a week, couldn't get over how beautiful the climb is. Plus it's not actually that hard... The other steeper climbs in the area are killers though. Enjoy!
  • Sorry haven't been in touch last few weeks been in mallorca working and training.
    Yes I'm definitely on for sunday though I don't have a garmin so if someone could download one of the routes shaun posted that would be great. Thinking of 0800 start as I am working that night so don't want to be rushing around later if that's ok with everyone.
  • ok Mark think we could probably wing it even without a garmin i will have my phone which has google maps anyway . I`m ok getting to Woburn and then towards the chilterns isnt a prob , just the bit in the chilterns itself needs looking at and getting back via markyate ,luton hoo no probs .
    Also need to stress this ride will be at around the 16-17 mph average no heroics just a fun day out , it will only have a handful of climbs just to get warmed up for the 110.
  • Robbie's got a Garmin and knows how to use it.

Have a good ride on Saturday. And a heads up, I'm going to organise another 100 miler for Sat 18th May, two weeks before the Chiltern 100.
  • I'd like to join you, but the full 100 is beyond me at present, so would aim to turn off towards Markyate earlier to head home to Hitchin.

John
  • Will try to contact robbie. If anyone else out there with garmin coming along could they let us know . Thanks.
  • Chaps.... you up for 100 this Sunday?
    If so I'll move Saturday to Sunday.
  • Does anyone know if I slightly quicker group will be going out again at 9 Sunday??
    Was good last week and I really need to start pushing myself
  • Also any ideas on an expected time back from the 100??
  • Maybe the average could be 17/18 with you on the front Neil..
    And I'll give it a whirl too
  • Haha yea alright mate I'm in
  • OMG Don't forget to turn round at about 50miles. And if you can see the sea, you've gone too far ...
  • Great! Let's go for an 8am start.
    Mick... got the route as a garmin file?
  • Robbie if you scroll up to the second post from shaun there are two routes, see what you think and pick one that suits.
  • what did we all do before garmin came on the scene , OH I REMEMBER WE GOT LOST !.

Nice one robbie i can throw away this paper map i just printed the one that is just a blur as i refuse to wear glasses.

let me know what way you are going i will see at langford.

strappy.
  • Should be at Langford around 0830, see you there Strappy
  • I am keen for this one. 08:00 at the 3 Tuns right?

Daniel
  • Got the files. And yes 8am start....
    100m through and off !
  • Can you through and off at 16 mph?
  • Robbie which of the two routes have you chosen?