Welcome to the forum

Steel Bike Repairs

JTJT
edited April 2013 in General
Does anyone know of someone local who can do minor repairs to steel bikes. The small braze on on the top tube holding the back brake cable snapped off on the club run today.

Comments

• Dick Byers in Clifton (Beds) used to do this sort of thing. However it is not menu listed on his website. Give him a call, he might be willing. BYERCYCLES

Daniel
  • You could try Stotfold engineering in Biggleswade, they restore vintage motorcycles.
  • sorry my zip tie fix didn't work, the only problem with a proper repair is that you would also need a respray.
  • Good luck with it!
  • I also suggest Andy Palmer (API) and Mick Gray (01245 344373) - both Chelmsford.

Mark F
  • Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll probably get a temporary fix done then have it properly repaired in the winter. The Enigma is a lovely bike but the paint finish is not great.

John
  • Just spoken to Enigma. They admitted that they had had a problem with the quality of the paint finish and since I bought my bike they now do it all themselves. They are going to repair and respray the frame and have it back to me in 2 weeks.

John
  • Great news! you won't regret getting it done properly. That was really weird though, still can't work out how it happened