Welcome to the forum

The 2nd Geoff Denny Classic 100 miles - Sunday 31st May 8.30am

On behalf of Bob...

Sunday 31st May at 8.30am - the 2nd Geoff Denny Memorial 100 mile Classic. A great circular route led by Bob and made up from Geoff's favourite rides.

A stop about halfway, and the route is easy to peel off back to Ashwell at any time. Steady club average speed likely 14-15mph.

All welcome.

Route;

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/ashwell/747402347

Note: I suspect the ride will be cancelled if the weather is poor.

Comments

• Wow, what a great plan, full respect to Mrs C!
    I was wondering what i was going to do with my hog roast and 2 cases of lager!

TD
  • Sounds like a good idea. Might have to skip the lunch bit and scoot back.
  • Anyone for sherry trifle ?
    Can Mrs C start the BBQ ?

I don't have to rush back :-)
    james
  • Chaps. This was a cracking CCA ride. Much thanks to Mrs. C for being the perfect lunchtime support car and to Max for making our legs ache trying to catch him up the hills in the last 10 miles.
    And no we didn't catch him.
  • Totally agree Robbie.........First, thanks to Bob for seeing us well routed....a beautiful day..good company and a cracking overall average.......Max showed us the way home and the chase to catch the rest of the ride after Mark's puncture repair was awesome.....a great feeling as we rode up to and through the groups......it feels good to be able to sustain a good pace on such a long ride.....so many out for a long ride also...27 at the beginning I think.who would have thought that 2-3 years ago? let alone at between 16 and 17mph depending on groups.
    Thanks to Michelle Constable for the lunch stop supply car and aso to Bob for providing water/fruit and fillers for all.......
    Here's to the next...anyone offering to plan and lead that one?? see calendar...I seem to be down for it, but it was going to be James' 2 day to Norwich or somesuch..now a 100 miler on Sunday...volunteers??
    Cheers all.......geoff