Welcome to the forum

Welwyn Track League

edited April 2013 in Road Racing
Well done Theo for a fantastic performance tonight at Welwyn!

Comments

• and it was????
  • Hi Geoff

Sophie got 1st place in the 3-lap handicap (following favourable handicap) but every Senior B race seemed to be led to the finish by Theo. Adam Lightfoot also put in a really strong performance in the under 12's but I am not sure if he won any points. Sorry Adam, I was watching for Sophie instead.
  • wonderful results...great showing Sophie...Theo, you do CCA and yourself proud......glad you are in the mix Adam....go CCA
  • Hi,
    I was watching Adam with his Dad, and he came
    6th in Scratch Race
    10th In Handicap 3 LAP

I'm not sure how he did in the other 2 events, he really enjoyed it though!
    Hopefully i'll be racing there next Friday in the Cat. B!

Well done to Theo! Great racing to watch
    Gareth
  • Thanks
    It was it was nice to see Adam and Sophie in the youth (especially the handicap). Antony was there too looking very strong, but we could do with a few more Ashwell shirts, I won't be able to race too often.
  • These are some Results from Friday

Follow the link:
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/track/article/tra20130428-track-Track--Win-for-Farrell-kicks-off-new-season-at-Welwyn-0
  • A good turn out at track league last night. Sophie going well and Gareth very impressive in his first ride there.

Dan P in the Youth A was looking like he has been riding track for years, very confident, safe riding.

In the seniors, Anthony won the 10 lap scratch and Iain and myself even managed to pick up a few points in the points race. Iain had a great first night although neither of us lasting too long in the 10 miler once the A's started whipping it up.

All good fun....oh and Theo, i notice you are now down as an A rider!
  • A good track league tonight, weather stayed dry. Adam, Gareth, Henry, Theo and me. Adam and Gareth both going well, i think Adam got a second. Henry was looking great until his evening was cut short by a touch of wheels at the start of one of his races....hope all is ok Henry.

Theo was amazing, stepping up to the A's and second in the points race and fourthish in the scratch? great stuff. to give you an idea of the pace, apparently the leading A rider had a gps thingy in his pocket and down the back straight (admittedly wind assisted) after the bell recorded 42.5 mph!

hope we can get all of our riders down there one night....bring on the blue!!
  • Anna wanted to ride, so we went down early - but it was not to be: the rule book was against her. She wants to come back when we can get some accreditation for her.
  • Jeremy

Me and Holly are going to the Monday sessions at Welwyn, there's already a decent sized contingent from CCA coming along to these sessions and they are both good training & good fun - we'll be there this Monday weather permitting.

Would be great to see you there

Andrew