Welcome to the forum

Sport Science Research Participation for TTers volunteers needed !

edited May 2013 in Time Trial
Got this from the sports science department in Anglia Ruskin Uni. Sounds like could be interesting if you are a very fast TTer.........

The sport and exercise science department at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge will be investigating the effect that saddle position has on time trial performance. Accordingly, we are seeking to recruit racing cyclists for the study. The testing would involve a single exhaustive cycling test followed by a series of four 4km time trials, all during separate visits over a two week period, where the saddle position will be changed slightly. We will be recruiting male cyclists between the ages of 18 -35 yrs who have a pb of less than 21 minutes for a 10 mile time trial.

Participants will be paid and also receive a detailed physiological and biomechanical assessment of their cycling.

If you meet the above criteria and would like more information please contact me via email - oliver.caddy@anglia.ac.uk.

Many Thanks,

Oliver Caddy
oliver.caddy@anglia.ac.uk
PhD Student
Anglia Ruskin University Cambridge

Comments

• Just outside the age group..... ;-(
  • Well outside the age group and too slow!

Not sure if we have anyone who fits this profile...
  • Woo hoo, Inside the age group.

Just got to knock about 10 mins off....
  • They are doing a comparison against rowers who don't use cycling as their main training method, we got a similar email a the rowing club.

I am too old, but did go through the testing a few years back. They gave you a detailed report advising where you needed to focus you training. I must say rowing to exhaustion with a nose clip and airflow meter in your mouth however it was one of the most unplesant things I have ever done. Enjoy.