Welcome to the forum

Racing at MK Bowl Thursday evenings

AntAnt
edited May 2013 in Road Racing
The club is now affiliated to the MKCA so all club members can race at the MK Bowl on a thursday night for the reduced fee of £10.
Details on the BC website.
Hope to see some of you there...

Comments

• I'm planning on heading over tonight, hope it stays dry :)
  • Cool.

On my to do list for next week.

Good luck to those going tonight.
  • probably might come next week or the week after
  • Anyone off down t'Bowl tonight? It is a 7 pm start isn't it?
  • I'm heading over again, they've started doing a 4th cat only, slightly shorter but ill prob enter that again.
    I think it started at 1800 maybe half past
  • Ooof a stretch to get there for that. The 3/4 still on at 7pm, or is that 3 only now?
  • Yea that's still 3/4 I think they had to many turn up the week before last so decided to run a 4th only before it.
    Think ill make this my last week in the 4th see if I can grab a few points :-)
  • Thanks for the info.
  • I'm planning on joining in tonight, see you there
  • Could be a CCA team at play!
  • Need to wait for the results to be confirmed tomorrow but think I got myself a 3rd place in the 4th cat tonight :-)
  • Nice one Neil. Are you racing next thurs? I'm back on Wednesday, and hoping to be free on the thurs night? I haven't trained for 3 weeks, other than a 30oz rib eye steak this evening!!!
  • Haha cheers Luke, yea I'm planning on heading back next week.
    Will prob go in the 3/4 at 1900. Ellis was in that tonight and I think Will fancies it as well so we could get a few of us involved.
  • Nice going Neil. Is the 4th cat race with points allocation, or is it a Go Race?

I got there too late for the 4ths, so rode the 3/4 with Ellis. Made a rookie error of assuming that the way it started was the way it would carry on. Once they opened up the outside loop the character of the race changed and learning to ride that section was a real challenge. And everyone speeded up too :) I wasted too many matches in the first half and in the end couldn't stay with the group.

Worst outcome though - left my Sidi's behind :( - heartbroken. Fingers crossed someone has turned them in.
  • Yea it's a points race.
    I haven't tried the extra loop yet, will give that a go next week and see how I get on.
    Would be great if we could get a decent bunch from Ashwell next week?
  • Fingers crossed for the sidi's
    I've got them on Facebook, could message them and ask??
  • I can hopefully come, but will probably just do the 4th?
  • Sidi's found! Result.

I will ride either 4ths or 3/4s depending on what time I can get there. Definitely going though. Need to get my shoes back :)
  • Hey Vam, that's cool.
    Yea I sent them a message as about your shoes as well.
    They said you have been in touch.
    Glad it's sorted
    Hopefully see you guys all next thursday
  • So, Neil, is it confirmed? ... Did you get 3rd ... ?
  • Thanks Neil, much appreciated.
  • I think i'll be doing the Cat 4 as i've been off the bike for 3 weeks. What time is it?
  • 1800 Luke
  • guys i've looked and looked and looked on the bc website but can't find this at all??
  • It's just entry on the night mate