Welcome to the forum

Club run review - Sunday May 31

The Nasties enjoyed a brilliant route conceived at the garage by Trahern to enjoy a tail wind home; it was a sort of inner circle (anti clockwise) version of Bob's century ride. 9 set off and due to time pressure 4 took the fast route home at Granchester. The slightly more full route was; Therfield, Reed, Barkway, Barley, Great Chishill, Duxford (note Grange Road, cross roads), Shelford, Trumpington, Grantchester, Coton, Bourn, Wendy, Guilden Morden, Ashwell. I clocked about 59 miles. The average was 25. (That’s degrees Celsius, not mph!) The average speed was 16 mph, but this includes punctures and directing lost maidens (a process that could not be rushed). Did anyone record our moving average? I estimate 17.8mph. We worked well through and off on the way back, Steve, John and Trahern being the power bearers. By the final approach to Ashwell John’s form could not be touched and he got home unchallenged. (Steve and Keith, what happened to you? We waited and even rode back a little way, but didn’t see you.)
A fine day to be on a bicycle.
Daniel

Comments

• was that the medium ride James Davis was going to lead today Daniel??....if not how did that one go James?

saw Mark and Stevie Wyer out on their own also saw Tim Hector powering past us early on..with our ride of 27 add 11 makes 38 out today...impressive.......
  • Sorry about that boys, i turned at the lane as i was heading back to Arlesey down loves lane, average for me including easy ride over and ride home was 18.5 for 73 miles. Thanks for the push up the hill near the end Steve, good ride good company, great weather. We need to brush up on the through and off though, it should flow and not break up as often as we did. More practice next Sunday.