Welcome to the forum

Gospel Pass 200

edited May 2013 in General
A wee bit short, but I'll give it a shot this Sunday for something to do.
All booked in.

Comments

• Outstanding!
    Fab' weather, good varied selection of ride groups and individuals to ride with.
    Good banter. Two distances, 150 and 200km.
    The 200km included 3000m of climbing, and those who knew what they're doing had tripple chain sets or a 32 (?) inner granny ring.
    Gospel Pass a pig in the latter stages, 1in 4 in places which would be a double-pig in poor weather, with a 8km+ super fast and clear descent with new tarmac down into Hay-on-Wye, yeeeeeha!
    8.5hrs on the bike, 10hrs out in total.
    Absolutely fantastic views throughout.
    £6.50 to enter.
    What's not to like?

Very highly recommended.
  • Sounds an epic ride and great achievement, congrats.
  • edited May 2013
    It was good fun, cracking good scenery and not just the obvious Black mtns and Brecon Beacons national park but it was really scenic in the hinterland leading away from the mtns especially with the low summer sun (4-5pm ish) and the section in Gloucestershire being a particular highlight. Maybe because it was on the way back?!
    It's not a ride to fear, though it has a AAA Audax rating.
    I'd ride it again at the drop of a hat if I am in the UK in the coming years and I know Shaun has ridden it as too.
    One to consider next year perhaps, and best to download the route map into a Garmin, is definitely the way to go (pardon the pun) IMHO?