Welcome to the forum

GET OFF THE F***ING ROAD

edited June 2009 in General
Ladies and Gentlemen, when we stop for punctures/wee breaks/mechanicals/mothers meetings can we please all make sure we are off the road, that is, all parts of bicycle and person not touching the tarmac (flat grey thing full of holes).

To us when we stop its all quiet and lovely and we like to have a bit of a chat, to your average motorist who is hurtling along the lanes they see a whole bunch of poncy cyclists mincing about in the middle of the road discussing knitting patterns!

Its dangerous and annoying.

To make sure this happens Richard Maynard has been appointed to the role of THE ENFORCER and he will shout (very loudly) at anyone in the road.

While im at it, can we make it a point of discipline to not cross the white line at any time, i keep seeing people drifting across the white line just as cars are about to overtake us. If you have to come out of formation please look first and dont cross the white line. If you do it in a road race you get shouted at by the commisair. If you do it in our club runs you`ll get shouted at by "THE ENFORCER"

Good, rant for the day over

Safe Riding
Tim.

Comments

• Thanks Tim,

I only agreed to this having been plied with beer.

On a more serious note I agrree with both points and I will be asking people, as nicely as possible, to leave the road and find a place of safety whenever we are forced to stop.
  • A good enforcer I think
    that extra beer did the trick

and so polite .........