Make room for the BBQ
09.30 3 tuns . 45-50 miles , back for 13.00

CP

Comments

• All set for tomorrow
    Saffron Walden and back basically
    a few rolling hills
    about 45-50 miles

So weekend jobs or cruise the road - the choice is yours !

CP
  • Mrs Barnabas has threatened to keel haul me if I make it a hat trick of consecutive days' sailing with the Ashwell crew.
    Shiver me timbers, it's a day of dry docked maintenance on the horizon. Might sneak a quick sail from port when the Kraken has gone to sleep!

John
  • Just my luck, I was feeling nice and comfortable on my bike after a couple of weeks out with man flu and my crank snapped after 16 miles. thanks for everyone that helped; Carmelo and the chap from the RAF who pushed me up the hill as I pedalled one-legged and Geoff for contacting his better half. I hope you all enjoyed a pleasant and uneventful ride after being delayed by me.

Most thanks go to Mrs 118 for coming to pick me up and take me back to Ashwell, what a lovely lady - does she like chocolates or flowers? Let me know Geoff, she was a life-saver this morning.
  • No problem Vic thats what a Club is for isn't it, to help each other out when needed. No need to spoil her - she is not used to it.
  • Very nice of Mrs 118 indeed...glad you back alright Vic...we had a pleasant morning with some other minor mishaps but it was so nice to see the sun...just seen forecast for tomorrow!...46 miles at 16.3 mph ..lovely...
  • VicVic
    edited May 2013
    Home before noon and Shimano crankset, bottom bracket and crank installing tool all ordered this afternoon, so should have the bike back on the road on a couple of days.

FSA only have a 2 year warranty on their parts and I've had the bike since October 2010, so there probably isn't much to be gained by tryimg to claim. I just won't buy a replacement FSA crankset.
  • Vic I would make a point of writing to fsa with some photos as I have never seen a crank break there and warranty or no warranty they should be made aware
  • a tale of lost crew on the high seas
    2 departed after starting with " consumption"
    next when his left leg fell off
    fourth with knee trouble, ready for a peg leg
    fifth set a different course back at Sandon ( nearly home )
    so start with 8 , end with 3
    sounds like a normal nasty ride :-)

glad all got back in one piece
    mobile phones have their uses

but a sunny ride, Carmelo doing lots of work into the wind
    back to normal Sunday 09.30 next week

CP