Welcome to the forum

CCA Grass track meet, Saturday 1st June

edited May 2013 in Grass Track
Folks,

Just a reminder that we have an open grass track meet this Saturday at smallgains starting at 1pm.
The racing is for all age groups and i know Max P, who is organising the event is short of senior entries, so let him know if you want to ride otherwise i am going to win all the money! (ha ha, i wish)

If you dont ride fixed or dont fancy racing come down and have a look, its good fun.

Comments

• Grrrr nevermind, I'm travelling back from Scotland that day so I won't be there.
    Gareth
  • Grass Track racing is a top laugh. Come and race. I am.

Daniel
  • The Fields are in.

Tim - think you were up for the cash until Daniel entered the arena.

Stuart
  • Hi,
    Is it definitely 1pm start, email from Max says 2pm ?? Presumably need to be there an hour before to get a bike?

Lisa and Connor
  • be there 12-12.30....signing on...getting bike etc.....lots to do so early is best...besides, gives time for warm-up

happy cycling.

should be a great day

track is now mown so should be perfect for tomo.
  • Great racing today, good weather, great track and lots of CCA success. Will report more later with some results and hopefully some pics....lovely.
  • Great way to spend an afternoon. Big thanks to all those that made it happen.

Stuart
  • edited June 2013
    Grass track photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96812385@N02/

I really hope there's at least 1 photo you're happy with, that was the goal!

I'm uploading the original files so you can save them and print them pretty much as big as you like. To do this, once you have clicked into the picture (so you can see it larger) just right click on it again, and it'll give you the option. None (except for a few) are 'edited' because I have got a hard ride tomorrow so I can't stay up all night but just message here if there are any you want editing (say if it's a bit faded or dark or whatever)
  • Great photo's Nathan. If there is one you want to pick out I can send it into the paper?
    And Tim i'll send in a report once you've posted it.
  • Nat, absolutely brilliant photos, many thanks for that. should have plenty of images for the club dinner this year!
  • Fabulous photos - wow!, Thank you so much to EVERYONE who played a part in yesterdays event - it was fantastic to watch. So much talent - we are all very proud of CCA!
  • Quality photos...wish I'd been there now....

And what's the story behind 308?

Adam
  • Ah, between heats and final of the senior handicap to give the chaps a bit of a rest, Max got the kids doing a slow bike race but only using one leg and one arm.
    Proper tricky and most fell off!
  • I just want to send out a big thank you to all the people who made this meet possible. It was great fun and I'm sorry that I had to dash off before the end.
    The pictures are excellent. :-D
  • Great pics Nathaniel - Thanks. Hope the 100 went well today?
  • OK, results as follows....

NATIONAL SERIES SHORT DISTANCE

1 Andrew Leveton
    2 Lewis Meadows
    3 Martin Smith
    4 Paul Driver
    5 Gavin Daley
    6 Theo Doncaster CCA

NATIONAL SERIES ENDURANCE
    1 Cameron Woolsey CCA
    2 Lewis Meadows
    3 Martin Smith
    4 Leigh Haigh
    5 Gavin Daley
    6 Peter Clements

SENIOR OMNIUM
    1 Martin Smith
    2 Lewis Meadows
    3 Cameron Woolsey CCA
    4 Andrew Leveton
    5 Paul Driver
    6 Leigh Haigh

LADIES OMNIUM
    1 Rosannah Moynahan CCA
    2 Sherilyn Powell
    3 Jacqui Field CCA
    4 Holly Proctor CCA

UNDER 8 OMNIUM
    1 Mark Lightfoot CCA
    2 Archie Bracewell CCA
    3 Hector Duckett CCA

UNDER 10 OMNIUM
    1 Theo Warren
    2 Freddie Cooke
    3 Oliver Griggs

UNDER 12 OMNIUM
    1 Adam Lightfoot CCA
    2 Josh Murad
    3 Ellie May Pledger

UNDER 14 OMNIUM
    1 Henry Skelding CCA
    2 Oliver Pick
    3 Laurence Lisher

UNDER 16 OMNIUM
    1 Mitchell Powell
    2 Daniel Maynard
    3 Jack Dart CCA

For those that dont know, the Omnium is an overall competition comprising various sprint and endurance events. As well as an Omnium, the seniors also had National series counting events for short distance and endurance.

Great work by Rosanna, Henry and the Lightfoot brothers from CCA who all won their Omnium. Andrew Leverton not surprisingly won the short distance comp. and in the 5k event Cameron attacked on the first lap, stayed half a lap ahead on his own for the next 15 laps to take an impressive win.

Well done all CCA
  • Well done to Adam and Mark! (just pointing out this is Mark's first Grasstrack race)
    Well done to all,
    Gareth
  • well done to all the above and all who took part. was a great afternoon, and the grass track looked really good - thanks to tim and all involved in preparing it.
    From CCA Grass Track June 1, 2013
    Better late than never. Some pics Felix and I took at the grass track. Click on the link below the photo above
  • Colchester Rovers wrote about the event in their newsletter

page 6

http://www.colchester-rovers.org.uk/newsletter/RoversReview139.pdf