Welcome to the forum

Medium ride for sunday 7th june

edited June 2009 in Club runs
This Sunday is my shout for leading a medium ride. So that everyone knows what they`re in for, the ride WILL be 50 miles maximum, it WILL be hilly (i need some hill practice), it WILL be run off at upper 17`s and we WILL be back at 12 o clock.

Hope i can tempt some club runners to join me

See you Sunday.

Tim.

Comments

• Tim
    I have only been with the club run 3 weeks + the 100 miler last sunday if you can put up with a novice i will give it a try you can leave me if i go of the back.(how hilly).!!
    cheers
    strappy
  • Strappy,
    No problem, give it a go. Most of it will be similar to the later parts of last weeks 100. Nothing too big but quite a few of them.
    Cheers
    Tim.
  • tim

does this mean that your sat nav has been recalibrated?

Can you give us a clue as to where we are off to or is it the first of the duckett mystery tours?
  • Bring on the altitude Tim!
  • did you wear trunks?
  • When I went to get my bike out of the shed I did notice it was raining. I am basically a fair weather cyclist so I decided to fit my mudguards. Alas this meant I left a little late. As I approached the garage I hoped I was not too late, but I was. Luckily an agent of enforcement was on patrol and Richard advised me that the others had just left and pointed me the right direction. Indeed I did catch the hardy 4.
    It is funny how quickly one forgets what winter riding is like. The route seemed to be evolving with every extra cm of fallen rain. Indeed shortly after Phil said ‘I hope we don’t have to brake. I can’t feel my fingers’ we did take an expected left. By now catching up was feeling familiar.
    Having decided to abandon the ride we headed back to our bases, but the rain was definitely easing. The prospect of fair weather was all too much for the hardy riders and they retired at Ashwell. I set off out of the village and stopped on the hill to contemplate my options. I was now the club run. The intention was a hilly 50 milles. My gaze was drawn towards some blue sky, and after wringing out my gloves I set off south for the sun and the hills. Sandon, Rushden, Cromer, Aston, Knebworth, Whitwell, Preston, Letchworth. Despite some lane lakes it was pleasant riding. So I did mange 50 miles and there were some hills.
    Does this count as fulfilling the club run?
  • I arrived on time to ashwell nice and dry in my car (Im no fool) when the others got to ashwell it was decided it was unsafe to ride so i went home,The rain eased off so of i went on my todd to ampthill & back to cardington, harrowden,
    cople,ickwell,caldecote,broom loop,langford,henlow clifton,I also done 50 miles but only the cardington hill so nearly a club run.It was very warm when the sun was out.
    strappy.
  • I was one of the 4 who became 5
    shoes filled with water after 20 mins
    did 1 hour of a water park ride
    got back a wet rat
    sun came out immediately got off bike
    took the hint and had a bath

Well done to strappy and senecio for the 50

I think my turn to lead next week
    have a 50 mile route with sufficent hills
    see you then

James