Welcome to the forum

3 Peaks, 29 sept 2013

edited June 2013 in Road Racing
Right then...The 3 peaks is the oldest, longest, hardest cyclo cross race in the UK. Daniel D rode last year in the worst conditions for 30 years, almost expired and said he would never do it again.

Hes doing it again.

And hes persuaded me to ride too. Its going to be sunny this year, anyone else up for it? You have to put an entry in now and wait to see if you get selected. You only pay once you are definitely in.

All the gory details here 3 peaks

Comments

• Jackie is really keen to do this but it clashes with the last MSG MTB race at Hadleigh Wood - one not to be missed. Maybe next year.

Stuart
  • entry in - fingers crossed........
  • You guys are nuts. It's not a cyclocross race it's a survival test.

Application made :D
  • Am I correct in saying that only drop bars are allowed now, no mtn bike bars?
    Entered it in 2010 - leg went in the June, so I sat atop Wernside on the day, humped up 2 studio lights and 3 remote flash guns & took pictures, making a reasonable profit.
    'Twas a beautiful, still day with cracking views.
    Not for the faint hearted.
  • Only Cyclocross specific bikes with drop handlebars are allowed in the 3 Peaks CX event. In most cyclocross events mountain bikes (and straight handlebars) are allowed.

Daniel
  • Just got an e-mail advising I have a place!

Who else got in?

Daniel
  • O dear, im in too.....landcruisers here we come!
  • Somewhat mortifyingly I have also been allocated a place.

Mortifyingly because when I broached the subject of the 3 Peaks at home, a day or so AFTER making the application, I was reminded, somewhat harshly I might add, that our baby is due on September 29th!

I was hoping my application would get rejected, but alas.

I am now going to have to turn it down :(

or should that be :)
  • next year i'm all over this. totally. promise.
  • edited June 2013
    I think im right that there is no swapping of allocations. Shame. Next year chaps.

I will let you know if its a :) or a :(

I think it very likely it will be a :o
  • edited June 2013
    'The Dales', ITV1 on Monday June 24 (20:00) has a feature on last year's edition of the 3 Peaks Cyclocross race.

Not sure how much could be realistically filmed as the weather was so bad, but could be worth a watch for a laugh!

Daniel
  • That's an evening of ITV then, as on ITV4 7pm tonight there are highlights of the National Road Race & TT.
  • Caught the Dales prog. I know we saw Daniels pics but that looked grim on the TV. Good luck guys

Stuart