Welcome to the forum

Sunday 9th June 0900hrs - Club run via Whitwell?

edited June 2013 in Club runs
Does anyone not racing on Sunday fancy coinciding a club run with giving a bit of support to the Aswell riders taking part in the Paul Simon Homes race??

Comments

• I get back from Yorkshire late Saturday night so aslong as its not to fast ill be up for it
  • Yes Tom, it won't be too fast as I may race twice on Sat. Elvedon have offered Cat 4 a chance in the E1234 after the Cat 4 only race for just £4!!
  • Recon ill be up for this mate
  • edited June 2013
    I should be around for this too.
    With you being a 25.14 TT pb & racer, what speeds are we a' talkin' abooot?
  • Brilliant. Lots of noise whenever the boys in blue go past please!
  • Sunday good for me too. Fortunately i'm fully aware of what you guys mean by 'not too fast' and i'll try to keep up...
  • I don't really mind what speed, as fast as people will be comfortable with, I will be recovering as well.
  • Hummmm.
    "As fast as.." , Wil & Luke & James.
    On 2nd thoughts, I have some ironing to do!
  • I'll be out tomorrow as well. Need some solid miles before the Fens race next week.
  • I know what your solid miles are like Ellis, I'll bring my aero helmet!!!!
  • I won't be riding with you, Tim, I'm in the race. It's Ellis you've got to worry about anyway! It's that worrying smile he gets when he starts to go really fast. Come along, we'll need all the encouragement we can get!
  • Are you not retiring after your 2nd place today?!! Strong effort in the break, very impressive!!
  • What doesn't kill you makes your legs really hurt and your lungs sting, as they say...
  • Not sure I fancy any of Ellis "solid miles" after the last 2 days but I am in much need of a few easy miles though. Don't wait around for me at the tuns might not be feeling to fresh in the morning will have to see.
  • How was it Tom? Were the hills as bad as you thought?
  • HARD would be an understatement! finished 33rd overall out of 60 but quite some time down in the GC but was just really happy to finish. The speed difference between an e1234 and what I've raced in the past is just unreal. Was certainly a big eye opener though!
  • Brilliant, good effort, might see you tomorrow morning.
  • jesus... commissaire was a bit militant... 2 disqualified for crossing the white line, 1 for stopping for a wee in a layby(?!?!?), 1 (me) crashed out and 1 DNF because he stopped to see if I was okay and lost the pack! Shame, as everybody seemed to be going well... Saving it for the fens then...
  • sounds a real martinet...bad luck re. crash....good luck in fens
  • What happened? Are you and the bike okay? Commissaire sounded like a true gent.

Our route went the other way so didn't manage to get over.