Welcome to the forum

Western Summer Cyclocross League

A Summer Cyclocross series is being run down in the South West – The Western Summer Cyclocross League. I am trying to get to as many as possible after work.

My first was at Hengrove in good but windy conditions. Cameron and Theo will remember this as the site of their first National Series circuit race. At the time we thought the surface was a bit ropey for a road race; well it is being used for cross now! In terms of results let’s just say I didn’t come last!

My second was in Warmly and the weather was at best ‘inclement’. This was a really slippery one and I was cross with myself because I misjudged my tyre pressure and suffered traction issues. It was however a proper full on race with some guy biting at my ankles the whole way. I am very proud to say I maintained the honour of the blue shirt and held him off to claim second (last).

This Wednesday was a delightful charge through the buttercups and meadows of Oldbury Court. A group had set up their barbecue on the course so that led to some bemused expressions as 40 odd (yes 40) CX racers huffed past. This race went well for me and despite (probably) being last at the start I picked off some fellow stragglers to finish ‘well up the field’ (I haven’t seen the results, so don’t actually know!)

So CCA is racing it large in the West!

Photos courtesy of Bob Barber >>>

Comments