Welcome to the forum

Saturday 8th June 9.30am Club Ride

edited June 2013 in Club runs
DavidJ is away this weekend so we will have to come up with our own route.
I have a suggestion that seems similar to the routes being discussed for Sunday.
Off to Weston, Gravely, Whitwell, Lilley, Shillington Henlow, Ashwell.
Open to other suggestions either way will be there for 9.30

Adam

Comments

• Sounds good to me! See you there.
  • Wow, it's not pan flat ! Surely not :)

Enjoy
  • after all your comments last week it was never going to be flat.....
  • Hill reps up Hexton hill then !
  • I will be there...
  • edited June 2013
    We will all be talking with a silly accent and the sheep better watch out... Who needs a Dragon Ride?
  • edited June 2013
    My local figure of 8 ride is perhaps worthy of consideration, Ashwell - Sandon (hill) - Buckland - Barkway - Shaftenhoe to Gt Chishill (5 roller coaster hills)- Haydon - (hill) Elmdon - (1 hill) Ickleton - Catmere End - Wendens Ambo - B1039 (long up hill incline, good road) to Gt Chishill - down and over the 505 - Fowlmere and back to Ashwell.

An initial hilly first part alternative goes out from Ashwell - The Joker - 505 - up the nasty hill - Thirfield - Reed - then joining the above route in Barkway.

There are two hilly variations on the return achieved by staying "up", both of which take you back down that fast descent Thirfield - 505 - Joker - Ashwell and not down into Thirlmere, one being the Windmill - New Lands hill climb - Reed - Thirfield

In typing this, I've talked myself into riding the hills solo this morning! I'll post up the strava link later.

The route I outlined: 48 miles at 18.1 mph and 2:40hrs
  • Phew that was a good ride today - thanks Adam for navigating us round successfully.

I had 62 miles at an average of 15.9, including my 17 slower miles to and from Ashwell to Royston. Legs feeling it now!

I think next time someone suggests a split into "fast and slower" groups, "fast" means carry on at the same pace, not increase it...! I blame those refugee kids from the 8am group :-)
  • Good ride and route today today - thanks Adam!

Thanks also to Chis, Peter and Mark who looked after Peter, Ruth and myself when we split. This was much appreciated by us all.
  • Thanks to everyone in the slower split who nursed me home, I found it quite a challenge today. Special thanks to Mark for the boost up those last hills!
    We logged 44.2 miles at 15.0mph.

Pete.
  • You can all blame DavidJ for the route...he threw down the gauntlet last week suggesting that as he was not going to be here the route would be "pan flat".
    As I got told most of last year....a challenge is not necessarily a bad thing

Adam
  • I thought it was a great route and really enoyed it. Thanks for Chris for navigating our group home. I thought we made a tidy group at the end.

Cheers

Peter
  • Meant to say, let's do it again!