Welcome to the forum

Beer to be won - NOW REDUCED ENTRY FEE FOR WOMEN RIDERS

edited June 2013 in Grass Track
Pete Whelan of Plomesgate CC asked me to publicise his grass track event being held on Sunday 23rd June near Woodbridge. The key thing to know is that one of the event sponsors is local brewer Adnams. At last year's event most seniors went home with quite a few bottles or even a case or two.

I won't lie, it's a long way from here, but when you get there you'll feel like you're on holiday. Last year it was a great day out.

The event includes the National 8km Championship and a round of the Short-distance Grass Track League.

Enter online here. N.B. The entry system doesn't show events open to Youth C, D or E but that is incorrect - if you enter anyway Pete will work it out.

Mark F

Comments

• Online entry in advance closed today, but if you contact Pete the organiser (see details above) I'm sure he will still add you to the event programme.

Failing that, I expect entry on the line is possible, but do check before travelling.

Mark F
  • I confirm that entry on the line is available: £10 for youth riders, £20 for seniors.
  • I'm taking Harley along, hope she can win me some Ghost ship ;)

Shelton
  • Ooo yes, its good that ghost ship. Sadly cant make that this weekend. Suspect i would struggle to win half a bottle of slightly off Tuns IPA anyway.
  • A message from the organiser Pete today to encourage CC Ashwell women to enter Sunday's event:-

Women can enter-on-the-line at the reduced rate of £15 instead of £20.

At last year's event there were only a couple of women riders, so they both went home with car boots full of beer bottles and other prizes...

Mark F

- - -

A few photos from last year's event:-

• Henry & I will be there :-)