Welcome to the forum

Pusher required at Colchester Rovers grass track on Sunday...

edited June 2013 in Grass Track
James will be racing at the Colchester Rovers grass track event on Sunday. He usually employs me as his starting pusher but I won't be there this time. He's a fast starter anyway and he is very light, so a quality shove accelerates him up to top speed very quickly. However, neither he nor his mum are confident that she would be a suitable substitute pusher...

Will anyone else be there who would act as shover-in-chief? Payment is likely to be made on the day in the form of products from the cake stall.

Thanks,

Mark F

Comments

• Hi Mark,

Henry and i are planning to be there all being good. More than happy to assist if I can (especially if cakes are on offer ;-)...
  • Thanks Tim!

Don't do too good a job though, or I'll be relegated to back-up pusher next time... :)
  • how did it go??
  • edited June 2013
    unfortunately Henry fell ill and withdrew but Ashwell were well respresented and were doing well when I left.

The only times I saw was on the U14 2 lap TT Olly 1st on 00:00:59 Henry 2nd on 00:01:05... dont know if that was a result. Also saw Olly & James take great wins on the 'mystery distance race' ... but thats abouit it. I'll check their website now..
  • edited June 2013
    It went well thanks Geoff, I believe. The club was well represented among dozens of Colchester Rovers competing in the their home event:-

U14: Oli was on the podium and Gareth was very prominent too. Henry was unwell, as Tim says - hope he is perking up again now.
    U10: James won (and was beaten by only one U12).
    U8: Archie won too (and beat plenty of U10 riders).

Andrew L was also there competing in his VC St Raphael colours and I understand that he strengthened his hold on the National Short Distance League.

I'm told it was a classic grass track event: friendly, relaxed but hard-fought. Perhaps Gareth will be along soon and add one of his excellent race reports?

Mark F

P.S. Thanks to all club members who pushed James in my absence - I think I might be redundant now.
  • edited June 2013
    The results here show the full story.
  • Before Henry retired I got a few pictures. they're on my facebook so feel free to friend me (or whatever you are supposed to do) and take a look. also got a bunch to add to the collection from our Ashwell Grass Track meet as well :-)

technology... it will never catch on!!???