Welcome to the forum

Rapha Women's 100

edited June 2013 in Sportives
Join me on the 7th July to ride 100km as part of the Rapha Women’s 100.
The Rapha Women’s 100 (http://bit.ly/womens100event) is a global event getting thousands of women around the world to ride 100km on the 7th July wherever they are.
More information can be found at http://bit.ly/womens100
We’ll start and finish at the grass track. A route will be posted before the ride. We’ll aim for 20 kph / 12 – 13 mph, leaving at 9am.
If you have any questions, please post them on here and I’ll do my best to answer them.
Please bring your own essentials, including food and repair equipment.
Please be aware that you are taking part at your own risk and that this is a fun, unmarshalled ride.

Comments

• Hi Susan,
    Really pleased to hear about this event and wish you and your fellow women riders a great day.

I came across this mapping site and was delighted to see that our grass track is marked. Might be useful to you for this event, LINK

Thanks to whoever added this to Openstreetmap!

Daniel
  • Thanks for your support, much appreciated.
    Susan
  • If anyone would like to do this, could you please let me know, it would help with the planning!
    Thank you
  • Sorry, but what does MC mean?
  • edited June 2013
    Maisie Constable: a very strong rider Susan.....
  • OK... So that's what it means, but what am I being asked? and now, what does su mean?
  • was forgetting Susan......not fair to a new member :-) MC is one of the early Saturday riders who rides with Robbie. Was hoping Mark would rise to the bait.
  • Hi Susan
    Karen is planning to do this with you.
    Cheers
    Peter
  • Jane will be there also.
  • Hello Susan,I would like to join you all tomorrow .Are you still meeting at grass track at 9.00.
    Best Wishes Linda
  • Meeting at 9.30, I intend to be there at about 8.30 / 8.45. Glad you're coming! If you want to whisper your mobile number to me I can keep you informed if anything changes . Susan
  • Have fun tomorrow, going to be hot , hot ,hot! Great day for it!
  • Hey! Thanks, we'll do our best. Allez CCA
  • I'm in... Thought about the club ride for a minute there but as this is a one off 100k it would be a shame not to do it and it looks like an amazing day! I've also advertised it on my Biting Fit page...I seem to have managed to stir the interest of a couple of new ladies - hopefully they might join us.
  • Go for it CCA ladies, hope you all have a fantastic day!
  • Le Grand Depart from the grass track.... well done to all, sounds like you had a great day.

null
  • Well, I don't know what to say, so thank you everyone for a super day out. We were the, not Secret, but Cycling Seven, and I'm so pleased that the CCA has such lovely people in its ranks. Stef's picture shows Gwen, Katie, Jane, Linda, me, Karen and Michelle. We did our 100km (actually slightly more at 63 miles) at 13mph, not world beating, but it got the job done on a beautiful day. Everywhere looked so English, open gardens at Shefford, cricket at Ickwell, thatch and roses-round-the-door.
    Thank you to everyone who rode, and to all the support from you chaps, who (by definition) we had to exclude today; and especially to Stef.
    Susan