Welcome to the forum

Tom Simpson Memorial race

edited June 2013 in Road Racing
Just Cam and I at this one (part of the national series), although it was nice to pass some of those doing the fens race up the A1. This was the first race we'd had since exams so training had been minimal and so was preparation. The circuit had been greatly shortened to about 3.6 miles but the whole race was still 60 something miles. The pace was fairly easy for the most part, Cam and I were sitting in the comfortably in the peloton, only having to raise our pace for out the corners or attacks of the front. around halfway through There was a nasty crash (A guy dropped his chain flipped over and is bike hit the guy in front who broke a rib) but we were both unaffected. As the race came around 3 laps to go the pace increased a bit people were attacking more and sprinting up the hills. Unfortunately Cam got dropped on the last lap up one of the hills. The final sprint was really crowded so I was really weaving through all the riders trying to find some open space. Not sure where we came but I recon I was about halfway.

Comments

• Nice photography there theo
    Shame about that guy's chain, pretty unfortunate.
  • National level junior racing... I'll bet that was a hard race. Well done Theo & Cameron for being competitive as first year Juniors.

Mark F
  • CREDIT TO DANIEL DONCASTER FOR PHOTOGRAPHY
  • Theo, who took the pictures?
  • doh!...his father Will.....good showing lads at nationals, especially as you have had little riding or prep.
  • Ah Geoff, missed the obvious joke there...
  • WHAT JOKE?

WHO TOOK THE PICTURES?
  • Theo-saurus...whiling away the hours got to thinking..The prefix Theo- comes from the Greek Term Theos meaning god or gods...so, godlike cycling?....or engineering with a
    Theo-dolite.......Theo-philus...cycling with Phil and the rest?....Theo-broma.....Theo-centric......Theo-dicy.....Theo-dosia....Theo-maniac...Theo-logical....Theo-morphist.....Theo-sophy...Theo-technic...Theo-therapy....Theo-tropic....just to select a few for future blogs :-)
  • SO sorry to hear about your leg Geoff...rotten luck and I hope you are back real soon!....

Did you hit your head as well by any chance?
  • thanks Carmelo...looks like I must have done judging by my last post :-) just I needed a thesaurus to look for Theosaurus...classic error!!