Welcome to the forum

Northampton & District Cycling Association 15M TT 15/6/13

edited June 2013 in Time Trial
Richard Glover and I entered the Northants and District Cycle Association 15 Mile time trial on Saturday. The N&DCA are a very friendly and well organised group who run a series of 10 fortnightly TTs during the season which include scratch and age related competition. Age categories are X,Y&Z (50+,60+,70+) and use Vet standard (or target) times to calculate results (“+” better, “-“ worse than your target).

Richard was lacking in confidence on the day but turned in a sterling and very consistent performance to win Z cat with +6.12 (actual time 38.36) to win by over a minute from one of his regular rivals. This makes it 5 wins out of 5 in the series and puts him in a virtually unassailable position in the series with best 6 races to count. As for my part, and being just my third TT, I was pleased to get a positive score of +1.13 (actual time 40.29) placing 6th in Y cat although according to Richard I’m still on my postman’s bike and therefore room for improvement. Full results will be available in due course under the above link.

I would thoroughly recommend these races (on sporting courses) and CCA are affiliated to N&DCA. I have entered the next race on 29th.

Comments

• Well done James & Richard, and thanks for bringing this up as not seen they run on courses nearby.