Welcome to the forum

Team MK TT Mon 24th June & VC10 TT Tue 2nd July

edited June 2013 in Time Trial
I can't make our club TT's for a few weeks so been checking out other club TT's on fast courses which are nearby-ish, thought i would spread the word in case anyone wants to join in.

Team MK run some of their club TT's on the Brogborough F15/10 course, same course as what was the Interclub 10, next one is Mon 24th June. Can just turn up and sign on from 6.30 at the underpass at the bottom of the hill, costs £4. They had Ian Stannard there last night!
VC10 run their club TT on the F11/10 in Tring on Tuesday's, this is where i did my 22:01 so looking to improve on this. Cost is £10 and you need to sign on in advance, if anyone is interested i can let you know how to do this. I'll be there on the 2nd July, there is also one next Tuesday 25th.

If anyone wants more info just say.

Comments

• I'm interested in having a ride on the 2nd July. I couldn't find entry details on their site though?

Thanks
  • Hi Justin, yeah they're not the best at telling you how to enter. They have a forum in which you enter the events, but I couldn't register on there as they have a problem registering new accounts, so i have the guy's email to do it. All the remaining correspondence is done by email anyway, including the start sheet being on a google document.

I won't email them yet because it's not open yet for next week, it will be later this week. The way it works is their members allocate their start time on the start list document, and any 'reserve' members (us) are put on a list, first come first served. Then on the Monday they allocate the reserves in the spare start times.

So I'll email them on Wednesday to add myself to the list, do you want me to add you too?
    I would offer a lift but I'm actually going straight from work in Borehamwood.
  • Oh and a reminder the Team MK 10 is tonight. Wind is looking OK, a SE headwind to the turn but not too strong and weakening, which should turn into a slight tailwind back.
    I did a 25:01 on here months ago on my old bike, will be interested to see what i can do on my new one.......
  • 22:47 tonight, 6th and only 11 seconds off 3rd. Enjoyed that.
  • nice one chris!
  • In fact I'm almost certain it was a 22.42, they've mistaken the '2' for a '7'. My minute man behind me was the winner with a 21.41 and he caught me just before the finish line, which should make mine a 22.42. So that would make only 6 seconds between my 6th and 3rd, agonising!
    But take a positive that they were all guys on shiny new bikes with zipp discs and the like.
  • ps. cheers Will.

When are you ever going to venture away from our club course?
  • I'll get lost! Next season for sure, this season I can only really take wednesdays off of work and the next couple of weeks I'm not allowed off so missing out on the TTs. Boo hiss.
  • Chris, If you could add me when you email VC10 on Wed that would be great. I have already booked that day off work so I'm all-in.

Good time last night. I've entered an open on the F15/10 on the 6th of July so hoping to beat my early season time from the first inter-club.

Off to Welwyn tonight for my first go at their 3 lap course. I wanted to do the Icknield A507 but its not in rotation this week.

Any other club TT's on tonight that people would recommend? Hitchin aren't running theirs this week.
  • Justin we're in for the 2nd July, whisper me your email and I'll forward the start sheet and other info on.
    Re: other club TT's, i don't know of any others on Tuesday, off the top of my head i know of these during the week which are also run and nearby:

Herts Wheelers & Whitwebbs CC - they both use the Coles Green course you did with Welwyn last night, plus they use the fast F20/10 course on some nights, but check their sites to be sure. I will be doing the F20/10 at some point, there is an Open on there in August, it's regarded as one of the quickest in the south.
    Team Cambridge run theirs on courses near Cambourne, including the fast-ish F2D/10 and variations of it, they have it on their website.
    I'm sure Cambridge CC must do some but i don't know where, probably on similar courses to Team Cambridge.
    Icknield RC that Luke posted about, the next one on the course near Ampthill is the 30th July
  • Anyone else up for this on Tuesday? Me and Justin are there. They have spaces available from 8.12pm-8.25pm (last rider), so you have time to get home, have your dinner then pop down.
    Weather is looking clear with a SW wind which is ideal for the course.