Welcome to the forum

Ike Saul memorial race

edited June 2013 in Road Racing
A nice 3/4 race round a circuit fairly close-by. Just Carmelo Antony and I (Will was feeling sleepy and I'm not sure about Jason).
It was a bit longer than we all expected but that didn't stop Antony from spending most of his time in breaks, with Carmelo helping him with a few.
One group of 4 got away and stayed and it finished with a sprint, I got 7th overall so the 2nd cat license should be in the post! Terrible sprint as you can see in the pics.
Thanks to Daniel for mechanical/photo/mother duties.

Comments

• 2nd Cat, wow. Congratulations Theo!
    Glad to hear we didn't drain much out of you on yesterday's ride
  • Congrats Theo, that's great. Look forward to hearing how you go in the E/1/2's
  • Well done Theo, very impressive!
  • for those who really know you Theo, it is no surprise to see you at this level....Well deserved and long may you continue to improve and dish it out
  • Looks like you could have worked harder in that sprint, young Theo. Who's the slacker now?

Sorry for lack of appearance this morning. 3 hours sleep is not enough for me before even thinking about turning the pedals. Got up at about midday, probably way after you finished the race.

Made up for it tonight by pottering down to Redbourn and picking up a point in the Redbourn Kermesse. Horrible weather, wet and slippery but some good quality riders in a very small field. I think only 22 rode, so getting 10th at least put me in the top half of the finishers. Couple of 1st cats and the rest mostly 2nd cats so a good smooth race with no spills. Definitely recommend this event for next year, loads of people stood outside the local pub by the finish line making a lot of noise. Very enjoyable! Cheers to Anthony for the lift home... Don't think I would have got back before midnight with that little left in my legs.
  • Thanks guys
    nice result Will
  • Congrats Theo. Brilliant.

Anthony, from what i saw you were working real hard. well done!
  • Thanks for watching Tim