Welcome to the forum

Sunday 14th June Medium run

edited June 2009 in General
My turn to lead the ride
50 miles with sufficient hills
hopefully better weather this week
Mystery tour
( although a few of you know my BH special )

There is a 40 mile split for the unsure

James

Comments

• BH special - sounds tip top!

See you Sunday

James D
  • James
    Nearly every place I have been with club so far has been a mystery to me I get lost
    going out of Clifton,any way looking forward to it See you Sunday.
    strappy.
  • 17 in the middle run. Over Great Chishill to Saffron Walden and back through Great Hormead down to Dane End and back. Glorious weather and a well maintained pace. 59 miles at just under 18mph average. A few mechanicals but dawdling in the sunshine no bad thing. Lots of psyching out being played for the sprint at the end - perhaps inevitably playing into Max's favour. Thanks James for a great route.
  • Quite agree Martin...great ride..we decided there were some true Mid. riders and a NEW subdivision of Nearly Nasties in this group..all behaved though except some went a bit too fast up the hills........lots sharing the lead.....respect to Tim D. for doing it all on fixie.......Tony(strappy) had a bad mech...lost ratchet on rear sprocket..had to turn back..you o.k. Tony??..

Bob did a fairly fast club ride on the flat with 13 in the group...he tried out his 4 loop never more than 7miles from Ashwell route.

Some of us will be in France next Sunday...........hope everuone has a great ride Next week
  • Geoff/james
    I thought i would get left behind because of my legs, not my problem with the bike,any way i managed to get my gears working and got home via A10 royston rd with out calling the 4th emergency service (the wife).Any way cheers for stopping and helping out.
    I will be taking my wheel in to tri sports today. got my fondriest in the back of my van ready for a run tonight if its not
    chucking it down see most of you next sunday.
    strappy
    (still got 50miles under my belt sunday).
  • Strappy,

I would be very interested in what the problem is with your wheel. I was just approaching Croydon hill on Saturday evening when i lost all drive from my rear wheel (ie) you turn the pedals but it just spins the cassette without driving the wheel. Unfortunately i did need to call the 4th emergency service as i could not rectify the problem. I tried talking to it, praying and finally psychic healing techniques but none worked. Thankfully my wife picked me up without too much drama. I am hoping this is a fairly easy fix and not too costly repair, I will be also taking my wheel for some TLC later today so fingers crossed.

Andy
  • Andy
    I have just got back from tri sports & mick has said it could be as simple as the grease in the free hub conjeald & not letting the rachets move freely or over oiling can have the effect if not those problems its a new hub.
    I hope it wont be stupid money £££ ,i will let you know how much as soon as i have it back.
    Some times a good tap on the cassette can loosen it up but it could get stuck again while your out any way good luck.
    strappy
  • Strappy..........It felt like old grease problem so should be a quick fix..not £££££££££'s.........Legs and speed..that route was a little hillier than some and the speed was quite high.......please let the ride leader know how you feel during the ride if stretched.........some can always drop the av. a bit to accomodate......others of us have problems in that area.......the club will always work to keep the main group together and by dint of waiting at the top of hills we all kept together............I'm sure James would agree
  • geoff
    My legs felt ok i was keeping up easy just all the hassle with shifting gear and getting no response from the pedals which slowed me down.
    I must bring my fondriest next week if its dry as its only a year or so old that shouldnt let me down.
    cheers
    strappy
  • all sorted then..........sad I'll miss the first wk. of your fondriest....see you week after