Welcome to the forum

Intro Chain Gang - 25th June

edited June 2013 in Chain gangs
Meet at 3 Tuns at 7-15 pm

2 Laps of normal course at 20 - 22 mph. Hope to have some additional people out tonight.

See you there
Peter

Comments

• I'm in -will be rushing back from London to be there!

B
  • Will do 7.15 this week but then I suggest going back to 7 - my reasoning is that 10 minutes later at 7.25 you'll catch lap 2.

If all start at 7 then it will give all the best chance of getting a group that suits their pace at 7 or 7.25 or 7.50 - as usual if you miss the group then ride around the wrong way and join carefully.
  • If we're using the longer 9 mile Shingay loop from this week, instead of the 5 mile Pigots loop, it'll take around 25-27 minutes at 20-22mph, PLUS 10 mins from the Tuns initially. If we start at 7pm, that means starting the 2nd lap at Steeple between 7.35-7.37pm, or 7.50-7.52 tonight if we start at 7.15pm. I don't mind riding the smaller Pigot loop other way and joining the group, as per last week, but joining halfway through the longer loop is difficult for me. Can I justify 25 mins and just one 9 mile loop of fast riding if it takes me an hour and 3/4's to cycle on the Brompton across London, get the train to Hitchin, ride home, get changed, grab my road bike and drive to Ashwell? Tonight could be my last chain gang, which I've really enjoyed....serves me right for working in West London! Cue violins.......

B
  • I will be there.
  • Let's go for 7-15 this week as agreed and review at the end of the session.

Tim - is Stuart coming?
  • No I don't think he can make it this week...
  • So, is that 4 of us at the moment...is that a gang?!

B
  • I have one more, possibly two coming. Hopefully a few more may turn up.

Let's see..........
  • Excellent...the more the merrier....and to take a turn on the front!

B
  • Group of 8 out with 5 doing a second lap. Good to have some new people out. 20 - 21 mph av.as planned.
    I can't make the next 2 weeks. See you on 16th.

Peter
  • Great fun everyone, very enjoyable work out and we were getting pretty smooth on the changes the longer we went on.

I won't be able to do 7pm starts, due to work commitments and 1 lap is not enough to justify the 1 3/4 hour journey to get there. Doing a second lap (or third for the early starters) will make for a late finish and even later arrival home afterwards.

Peter, maybe see you for a Black Pig Sunday ride. I'll be away cycling in Provence for a week, watching the Tour and cycling up Ventoux from the weekend of 13th, so not around anyway on 16th.

John
  • The small loop may have to be used again next week, July 2nd, due to road works on larger loop. See post 'chain gang problems'. In which case I'll be able to join part way through the first lap!

B