Welcome to the forum

Inter club 25, ***CANCELLED***

edited July 2013 in Time Trial
Ok then, our round of the interclub is 14th July,

I have filled out the forms, booked the HQ and spoken to the other clubs. I will also put the signs out on the day, sort out the start sheet, organise the computer displaying the times (hopefully) and do the timekeeping. Mrs D is going to do the teas.

I need.....
2 timekeepers. 1 at the start, 1 to assist me at the finish
A shover
4 marshals
a data input operative (this can be someone who is riding)
lots of lovely cakes.

All help greatly appreciated preferably by those who dont want to ride.

Comments

• I am riding, so the only one I can help with I the data input, which I am happy to do?
  • Put me down to make a cake - probably chocolate and Guinness. Put David down for timekeeping as he's too much of a wuss to ride it :-)
  • Mrs 118 has voluteered to bake a cake and marshal and I have entered( to help make up the numbers)
  • I'll help you with timekeeping at the finish, Tim
  • Good stuff,

So me, David and Jane timekeeping,

Mrs 118 and Mrs Mckenzie to marshal

Luke to do data input.

So just need a couple more cakes and at least one more marshal, preferably an experienced one to do the joining the 1198 turn. Another on the roundabout would be good but is less critical.

All this subject to what the roadmenders are going to do this week. If the worst comes to the worst and we have to cancel we can have a cake eating competition instead!!
  • i will do a cake
  • Sorry folks. No way. Its much worse than i thought. If you stay in the car tracks its not too bad but overtaking other riders would be lethal. There are also these patches with bloody great tractor imprints in the tar which are full of gravel. A nightmare.

So we will have to cancel. Someone will come off if we ran it.

Maybe we will try to re run it later if we can find a date. Ill let you know
  • will there still be cake?
  • A 9.00 am allcomers "cake off" at the village hall maybe?
  • How about sending cake to 3 Tuns for a post-club ride social?
  • I didnt see this post until i'd already volunteered to eat all my cake!
  • bugger... only just entered as well??!!
  • So now I will have to eat all that cake Mrs118 made myself