Welcome to the forum

Intro Chain Gang - 16th July

edited July 2013 in Chain gangs
Plan to be out for another intro paced ride (20 - 22 mph).

Meet at the Tuns at 7 pm.

I think the mian loop is still out of action due to the resurfacing road. So propose 2 - 3 laps of the shorter Abingto Piggots loop.

Cheers
Peter

Comments

• Just a word of caution if using the Abington Pigotts loop. There are no pavements and people do suddenly pop out of their drives. Also the pub is busy on these summer evenings and punters step out straight into the road. Might need to neutralise a bit through the village.
  • Shame to miss out. However tomorrow I'm riding the time trial route that hopefully Froome will win the day after we ride it! Interesting to compare times!
  • The intro chain gang turned out to be the only chain gang of the night.

5 out (me, Vince, Bryn, Matt and Adam). We did the Abington Pigotts loop as a TTT which worked well with the 5 of us. The car drivers in the village were very courteous, giving way as we passed through.

Pace was good and very consistent (21 -22 mph ave), with the stornger riders (Vince, Bryn and Adam) pulling me along. Matt left after 1.5 laps. The rest of us did 4 laps, with Vince and Bryn doing an extra lap.

looking forward to a repear next week. Hopefully we'll be back on the normal route - roadworks pending.