Welcome to the forum

Adding pictures on to the forum

edited July 2013 in General
First up, an explanation of what the forum does with pictures: it does not upload them to the site - it displays images from other existing sources.

So, find your picture hosted anywhere on the net; facebook, flickr etc. Note, some sites like flickr have restricted access to the source.
or...
Upload your own picture on to the net. I've tried ImageShack to upload my own pictures - it was effortless enough, a couple of clicks and you can copy the all-important 'Direct Link'. And free. I also use the 'imgupr' app on my iphone - it's brilliantly easy.

Once you have found, chosen or uploaded your picture...

STEP 1. Copy the address link the picture is hosted at from your web browser and paste it into the CCA forum 'Enter your comments' box. On a Mac, if I click on a picture while holding down 'Ctrl' on the keyboard, I get the option to 'Copy link'. Not sure this is the same for PCs.

If you have uploaded a picture, you'll need to copy the 'Direct link' address.

STEP 2. Highlight the pasted address, and click the 'img' box, the 6th box along, just above the comments box.

STEP 3. Paste the same address into the dialogue box that appears. And OK that. Then click 'cancel' on the request to 'describe the pic'.

Make sure you have the html button on in the 'format comments as' bit below.

That's it!

Write whatever else you want and click 'Start your discussion' to see the final thing.

Give it a try with a Test discussion if you like. Dead easy. I'll just delete it afterwards.

null

Comments

• Thanks for this Martin

I have previously successfully used picassa but it seems to have changed (for the worse - keeps crashing) and I cannot find the direct link anymore. Will try image shack

Stuart
  • Stuart; I find if you click on the image and then right click you can still copy the url.
  • edited July 2013
    null

Hi Theo

tried this in picassa but no go. Used image shack as above and that worked.