Welcome to the forum

Knights Templar Cyclo-Cross Training

edited July 2013 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Hi all,

The new Cyclo-Cross season will soon be upon us. Cyclo-Cross Training at Knights Templar school starts up again on Wednesday 4th September and will continue every Wednesday through the autumn/winter.

This is open to anyone with a MTB. The sessions work on off-road riding skills and general cycling fitness. There is plenty of sprinting up steep banks so it's a good workout.

This season I'm expecting the sessions to be oversubscribed. Therefore there will be 30 places reserved. You need to book a place with me (email markwyer at ntlworld.com). Priority will go to those who attended last year. Age 10 and over only.

Details
7 - 8:30pm.
16+ £3.50, U16 £2.50
Bring plenty to drink
Bring trainers for the running warm up
Be ready to start at 7pm
The site is floodlit but a rear light is useful

Mark.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    I'm getting a X frame and am v looking forward to my debut mud plugging this yr. Its a winter bike take apart and X rebuild jobby for me.

After a false start last yr this has to be the best winter fat busting leg pumping scheme around. Let me at it....
  • Just been looking at the chain reaction cycles website - they have got a number of Ridley cross bikes for sale at some great prices ...... £675 ... Sizes 58 and 60
  • Well done James - you know it makes sense!
  • Thanks Phil. Certainly some deals out there. Planet X have some good frames in bigger sizes too. Merckx etc. I am leaning towards a CruX rig and swapping over everything from my winter bike. Just need some frogs and tyres then.
  • Lots of boxes turnin up. Very exciting:)
  • Oh boy, don't open the box of frogs. There'll be trouble
  • i had some frogs last year - didn't like 'em - gone back to more traditional fayre - i have got the odd leg or two left over and other bits if you are in need!!
  • I have seen off the frogs with some Rocket Ron's
  • Hi all,

The sessions are fully booked now. Email me if you want to be added to a waiting list.

Mark.
  • As this is fully booked, I'm making this discussion "unsticky".
    Unlike the cyclo cross surfaces of this coming winter, I expect.