Welcome to the forum

CC Ashwell monthly club meetings - FIRST TUESDAYS of the month

A fall out from the website development meeting was the idea of a monthly CCA meeting - an informal get-together to discuss the club, new ideas and so on.

As a stake in the ground - we thought to meet in the Rose & Crown pub on the High Street, Ashwell - very near Geoff's - on the first Tuesday of each month would be good (yes - my previous email on this said Friday. But Tuesdays thought better generally).

I suggest from 7pm?

Tuesday 3rd June
Tuesday 1st July
Tuesday 5th August
Tuesday 2nd September
Tuesday 7th October
Tuesday 4th November
Tuesday 2nd December

Comments

• Martin, as a 2nd Claim CCA member, it might not be for me to say...but "I pays me money" etc...
    I think your idea is a good one, I have recently thought that CCA needs a committee, I know many will disagree, but the club has reached a size where without one, cracks will appear. For example no one picked up the club 10s to run them after Andy B had kindly done them for years. Had we a committee this could have been sorted out when it was still wet and cold.
    Most clubs have committees and officers (racing sec', runs sec', treasurer, president, social sec' etc) Pretty much all the stuff that we debate on the forums and by emails could be better organised with a regular committee. I believe it will make the club stronger and less reliant on the hardworking few, who I am sure feel a little unloved from time to time.
  • Ian,

I couldn't agree more and this is a subject that has come up on a number of occasions when we have been discussing the youth section. I think that the argument against having a committe has been that it will change the feel of the club, however with such a large membership I feel that we need a committee but that the ethos of the club shouldn't change ie. that it is there to facilitate club runs for a group of friends. Anything over and above this such as racing, TT's, Youth, runs for newcomers, Audax involvement is something that the club has grown into without a committee. Any growth or change should be organic and I believe that the pub and website forum are good places to discuss these matters.
    Finally I feel that these issues should be resolvedat the AGM and therefore as many members as possible should atend.

Richard M.
  • I totally agree