Welcome to the forum

Ashwell Grass Track meeting....14th Sept

edited August 2013 in Grass Track
Saturday the 14th is the last grass of the season up at our track in Ashwell. Get the date in your diary.
This will be another super event run by the master of grass Max P

All riders welcome, vets, seniors, youth, tiny tots.

We might try and run some freewheel races for the less experienced kids too.

More details to follow. Entry form here.

Comments

• Is there anyone who can organise a BBQ for this? I can give you some cash for food and drinks etc and im sure we can rustle up a bbq or two.
    I will be helping with kids racing and riding myself hopefully.
    Let me know if you can help. Not critical but would be nice.
  • Tim,

Emma and me would be prepared to help out with the BBQ, if we could talk about what is needed to make it happen.

Shelton
  • Thanks Shelton, ill catch up with you on Thursday to discuss whats needed. Nothing too fancy!
  • Can everyone intending to ride please get your entry to Max so he can get organised ASAP!!

Its going to be a quite informal end of season meet, a good bit of fun and last chance to ride the grass this year so if you can ride fixed enter now!
  • Calling Tom T.....are you about on Saturday? apart from the usual CCA crowd, Will is going to ride if he can get off work and Neil is going to give it a whirl too.

You can enter on the line. 12pm for a 1pm start
  • I'll be there on Saturday...!
  • I can't make it now Tim unfortunately going to have to work on Saturday
  • Weather now saying the overnight rain will have stopped by midday. Might not be too bad after all, if a little slip slidey!
  • Entry on the line for me. Approved by Mr P
  • Not sure ill make it unfortunately, few things I need to do.
    If I get everything done ill pop over and cheer Ashwell on.
    I'm not sure it would have been good for me this time anyway, never ridden on the grass and only a fixed wheel the once :-/ could have been messy haha
  • grass track: race for about 5km, lose the ability to walk for at least a day.
  • edited September 2013
    Great day's racing on the grass track yesterday - thanks to everyone that helped organise it and feed everyone - it made for a great end to the grass track season.
    Some fantastic performances all round despite the skiddy conditions (see jamie's photos). Good also to see some hard-core road racers giving it ago (Will) -
    i don't think I've ever seen you go round a corner so slowly, Will ;-)

thanks again

Iain
  • Yes, a great days racing. Lots more people than we anticipated and we all just about stayed dry. It was a bit scary and slippy to start with but dried out ok.

Many thanks to all the usual helpers, organisers, caterers, helpers, timers etc

Good to see Will having his first go and some great riding from all our riders especially Dan, well done.

Ill put a full result up when i get it from Max.
  • edited September 2013
    Well done to everyone who raced yesterday.

Here are the photos I took: http://www.flickr.com/photos/100747528@N03/sets/72157635543403286/

Hannah.
  • it was a great day! shame i couldn't stick around for the 5K race.

It's not a shame, at all. I would have been useless in it, just like the other races! Certainly an experience though, and very good training. Made this morning's 70 mile 234 in Roxwell seem a doddle (ish).
  • report? how did you do?
  • Thanks for all the photos Hannah, really good pics. You must be a very good photographer you made it look like i was going fast!
  • Ha! Thanks, you did really well!
  • Tim

Have you had results yet? Wanting to put something in this weeks papers.

Cheers
  • Great. Thanks
  • edited September 2013
    Not quite as in-depth as I had hoped. This weeks Crow...

Crow 260913