Welcome to the forum

London-Surrey 100 individual places confirmed by 15th Feb.. and possible team entry

edited August 2013 in Sportives
Public ballot opens Monday 12th August and will close when 80 000 applications are received. If you need a target for 2014, this is it

Again the pro race will be held on the same day and it looks as if the course will be the same. More info here london-surrey 2014

As well as this ballot for individuals, there will be charity places, a business relay and some pricier hospitality packages. Most of our riders in this year's event got in via the Club Teams ballot, but there's no guarantee that we'll have this option for 2014, so sign up on Monday to give yourself the best chance of riding it. No need to be super-fast, just make sure you beat Boris's time of 8 hours! And remember, it's not a race

Comments

• I'm entered. (It's free to do this)

The ballot had 50 000 entries within 24 hours of it opening ... and it will close at 80 000 applicants. So don't hang about if you want the chance to ride it in 2014
  • edited February 2014
    If you were one of the 80,000 people who entered the ballot for the 2014 Prudential London-Surrey 100, you will be notified by post from Monday 3 February and by Saturday 15 February at the very latest.

If you haven't heard from us by then, please call our helpdesk on 020 7902 0212.
  • I suspect Anthony Nolan has an allocation of tickets, as the other link was only sent to me 2 days ago. So if people want to do the ride then they should contact the Anthony Nolan events team on the telephone number given.
  • There are lots of charity places available and given the levels of sponsorship required I don't see those going quickly, Anthony Nolan for example are charging £45 entry and expecting minimum sponsorship of £650.

The price charged to the charities for their places is very high so they will all be looking for a big commitment for this event.

A full list of charities participating is available here
  • I think i have a deferred entry for this year
  • edited February 2014
    I've got a place - just landed on my doormat!

Here's hoping there are lots of CCA doormats about to be similarly blessed
  • Just looked on the web and no success again, ho hum. There is going to be a BC team event again, so that might be a route, entries open 3rd March.
  • Cancelled application for me too. Feel all sad now!
  • I'm in and I think Jackie is as well as she has the same plastic envelope as me.
  • After disappointment last year, amazingly I'm in.........better get training, haven't been on my bike for ages!
  • So I'm not in this year - will try for a team place again though.
  • Surprisingly I've got a place
  • last year we were invited to apply for CCA team entries, for teams of 4,
    we applied for 4 and got them all.
    apparently there will be team entry again this year.

if you are interested in a place in a CCA team post here, so we know how many teams to apply for, and have a list of riders to fill places.
    no guarantees of course. entries open 4th march, close 21st march
    i will dig out the details from last year so you know what is involved. it was a fantastic ride last year.
  • Dibs a place. This was a great day out last year and an epic run in to the finish
  • Yes please Stef
  • Stef,

Yes please for Stevie and myself. We didn't get in on the ballot.

Thanks,
    Mark.
  • Yes please for me
  • Didn't get a place via the ballot. Would be interested in a team place.
  • if there's a team place going, i wouldn't mind having a spin round it this year...
  • Will when you say spin do you mean as quick as you can?
    If so I would be interested and if a couple more fancy it we could prob get a decent time?
  • we'll get a decent time anyway, there's enough people doing it to hop from group to group, i should imagine. not sure if i could keep your wheel the way you're going at the mo...
  • No place for me in the ballot.

So I would like a club place if there is one going.

thanks

Adam
  • Good luck everyone, from a personal experience it was a fantastic event. This year, unfortunately, it clashes with our family holiday.
  • Yes please for the team entry.
  • Count me in too (Missed out on Individual Entry)

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Hi. Please add me for team entry if a place is available. Just got my rejection letter!!!
  • Am interested in a team place.

Vicky
  • I failed with the ballot as well, so interested in a team place too.

Vic
  • Failed also would love a team place, was an incredible club ride last year
  • Failed to apply for the ballot so funnily failed to get a place!! ;-)
    Would be very keen on a team place to join the blue train (amongst a more club ride pace group, obviously)

Jamie