Welcome to the forum

Spalding CC grass track meeting

edited August 2013 in Grass Track
A great afternoon for CC Ashwell's youth riders up in Lincolnshire yesterday: Finlay, Archie, Jack, Ollie, Harley & James. We were able to support Andrew Leveton and Josh Maynard in the senior events too. Josh won the unknown distance race to great applause with a brave but risky lone attack.

No time for more details from me but everyone came home very happy. If someone else can write a short report that would be great.

Superb refreshments too - Spalding CC really raised the bar...

Mark F

Comments

• A great show by CC Ashwell with some excellent racing.The events were run very smoothly with a break for the gorgeous cakes.
    As the UI6’s and U 14’s were grouped together Jack and I rode together,I enjoyed the racing and came 2nd overall despite almost crashing on one corner which was very bumpy! James also rode brilliantly and came in 2nd in his group and Harley(or Hayley as the announcer called her) was placed 3rd.Archie and Finlay rode well and Finlay won the handicap race.A huge thank you to Mark for pushing me off and I hope you get better with your calf strain .
    The seniors put a great display on and it was good to see Josh and Andrew taking part. The track was only 220m and was very bumpy in places but still a great day with CC Ashwell on the winning podium again!