Welcome to the forum

Sunday middle group 21st June ride report

edited June 2009 in Club runs
So with all usual ride leaders away on various tours there was plenty of feet shuffling and kit examination before decisions were made. Trahern took half a dozen nasties in the direction of Grafham I believe and I was suggesting a route out towards Halls Green, Cromer when Steve & Vincent boldly stepped in with a Woburn excursion. With a group of fourteen or so riders (plus 2 newbies suitably warned of the potential pace – welcome and I hope you enjoyed the ride!) off we went at a fairly brisk pace through Henlow, Flitwick and Woburn with a few sign sprints to boot! At Woburn the group split as - although Steve had promised me he was no Lance (yeah right, you’ve blown my legs off before remember?? ;-) – the pace was still pretty punchy. So Vincent, Pete, myself, Paul, Tony, Stefan & Dave headed back via Ampthill, Maulden, Clophill & Langford. I bagged the finish with a little solo effort from Langford :-)

All in all a great ride, great weather, good banter, and fast & long enough to hurt! Total 55 miles at 18.5 miles average. Don’t know what Steve’s group finished on but at a guess 19.5 average???

Comments

• As one of the guest newbies I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the ride and I was very pleased with my efforts having not ridden a road bike for 30 years, which we called racing bikes back then, until 3 weeks ago. I ended up with the group of 5 at Henlow camp until I cut off home to Letchworth. Sorry, I don't know any of your names but if any of you could publish speed and distance stats I'd love to know. Before I came over I was trying to work out which group I was suitable for but yesterday's run I think has confirmed it's medium for me. Hope to join you next Sunday for the next instalment of no pain no gain !!!!!!!!
    PS, membership application on it's way.