Welcome to the forum

Club Hill Climb 2013, Sat 12th Oct, 9:30am and 11am

edited September 2013 in Club runs
Hi - Do you have a date set for your club HC? Thanks - andy

Comments

• Or a chosen hill?
  • Can we go down one this year?
  • you and your pointy helmet would smash that will!!!
  • Yes, ive had to rethink the date to avoid the Interclub HC (6th oct) and to try and avoid all the CX.
    So our HC will be saturday 12th Oct. Probably on Coombe hill
  • Oooh. A hill climb. Whereabouts is this Coombe Hill Tim?
  • Just off the A505.

Starts here.
  • Ends around here.

Note: there's a largish flat bit in between...
  • ..and a nice kick at the end!
  • Club Hill Climb sounds fun....other than climbing a hill on a bike...can you expand on the details? Is it organised just like the TT?
  • Yep, just like the 10, 1 minute intervals, but shorter and er...hillier
  • That's superb! I'm in!! I'm assuming it's possible for me to help out with timekeeping as well as ride it if you need the help.
  • Hi, That's a hill in name only! - I thought the Baldock climb last year was a classic challenge...
  • Hmmm...yes, Coombe is a more drawn out slope rather than short and steep. I know everyone has their prefered type, so......

lets do both. A 2 stage hill climb. Stage 1, Hatch Lane Baldock..short and steep. Stage 2 , Coombe hill, 2 k long and gentle ish. An hour between stages. Shortest aggregate time wins.

I cant see a problem with that, will sort out the details.
  • What times will the climbs be, then? I have to work on Saturday afternoons in London, would love to have a crack at this!
  • That's a crackin idea, Tim!
  • great idea timbo!

add a third cos thats a bit easy

a little detour by me and add in pic du nore... a mere 12220m !!
  • Ey up Scouse, hows things?

Pic du nore sounds very scary at 12k !!
  • Sorry Will, ...timings. We will probably aim for 9.30 for stage 1 and then an hour to pootle over to stage 2, so probably wont start the second one until about 11. Guess that might not work for you?
  • Will there be cake? If there's cake then I might take off the matinee and have a spin after the climbs (to somewhere that does cake) if people are up for that? Will need something to replace my probably ejected breakfast. If not, I'll be okay if I go off near the beginning in stage 2...
  • Bit of a spin plus a cake stop sounds v gd to me. There's bound to be a tea shop somewhere en route ... Ardeley Farm Shop?
  • edited September 2013
    Bickerdikes has some pretty massive cakes but the range of colours is suspiciously bright and may not pass an out of competition test...
  • Nice easy spin after then, I'll try and get out of work for the afternoon. Will be good to spin the legs out after giving them a little roasting. We need Shaun's cafe list! And Shaun to take us to the best one...
  • edited September 2013
    Could go to Westmill Tearooms which is near Buntingford. http://goo.gl/maps/UQArw

From hill climb via Therfield, Barkway and Wyddial it's about 12 miles. Or longer route if people want it, but we won't finish the hill climb until around 11.30am...

I think there's also a new cafe at Hare Street - The March Hare Tea Room