Welcome to the forum

News from Carmelo: IN ITALY YOU MUST RACE!

[Report here forwarded on from Carmelo...]

Just got back from a couple of weeks in southern Italy and of course had a great time ..in between the wonderful food and wine I managed to fit in a couple of races…

As mentioned on the forum before it amazes me that races there are traffic free…I wish we could have the same here…There's good hard racing..great atmosphere..big crowds..nice prizes etc..

They have quite big fields (up to 200) and Elites,Juniors,Women,Vets all race together but everyone has a timing chip and they sort it out at the end with awards going to first 3 in each category…

As you can imagine the first few miles are madness but despite the heat and having somewhat over indulged in the irresistable cuisine and wines I still managed a couple of podium places as pic shows... so if you find yourselves there don't forget your racing licence and have a go…I am sure you will love it!

Carmelo

Comments

• Oh yes! Nice one Carmelo, good to see the blue jersey in far flung places!
  • It's nice to see you were all responsible and picked up your dog poo in your little orange bags :)

oh & just to help in future, the bloke in the middle won because he was wearing trainers - I've told you before, flip flops are not competitve anymore - not like the old days !

Well done

Trahern
  • Cracking job Carmelo
    I didn't even think I could race when I was in Italy back in June.
    I'm back again next September so ill be picking your brain before I go, would love to try a couple.
  • That's awesome! Great photo. Well done Carmelo and ditto to what Tim said about the blue jersey!