Welcome to the forum

Update: 30min Core Strength class for back issues and riding performance

edited September 2013 in General
Hi all,

I have managed to narrow down the timing options for the above which I hope to start running asap. I will teach one morning session and one evening session each week and they will be held at the URC hall in Ashwell. Morning session options are Mondays or Tuesdays starting at 9.30am and evening session options are Mondays at 9.15pm or Thursdays at 8.15pm. I realise 9.15 is pretty late but the class is only 30min and is such that you can eat dinner beforehand without too much risk of it reappearing unexpectedly mid-class. I will provide weights (plates) and resistance tubes but you may need to come along with a mat of some sort as there is a fair bit of floor work - I have a couple of spare mats but not enough for everyone.

The first few classes may last 45minutes as I will need to talk through and demo specific techniques but once you get used to it we will be done within the 30 minutes. It's a scientifically researched programme that will address back issues, strengthen your core, improve overall fuctional strength, and help to sculpt that elusive 6-pack. More info here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNsSJ6WaRd0

If you could let me know your preferred sessions then I can get the classes started asap!

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Gwen

Evenings please, but for choice the Thursday option works best for me.

Thanks
    John
  • Gwen, I'm desperate for a stronger back and core! Please can I join your evening class? Either day is ok for me.
    Susan
  • Hi Gwen,

It may be a bit optimistic to get me a 6 pack like the video but i'd like to join pls. Thursdays work for me

Jamie Q
  • Hi Gwen,

I'd be up for giving it a try. Can only make evenings - preference is Thurs.

Emma
  • Qwen,

My back is always a bit of a problem, particularly during the CX season for some reason. I'd be up for the evening session, no preference on Monday or Tuesday.

Bryn
  • Hi Qwen

I would also like to give it a go, Thursdays also my preference
    Thanks
    Pete
  • Hi Gwen

I've got back issues so I'd like to come along. Can only make the evening sessions - Thurs preferred.

Julian
  • Hi all,

Thanks for the interest. Evening classes will start next Thursday 12th September at 8.30pm in the URC Hall. Please remember to bring a mat and wear trainers, T shirt and gym shorts or something comfortable - cycling kit will do!!! Look forward to seeing you there!

Gwen
  • Gwen,
    Will try to make next week. I could do with core strengthening as I get back issues.
    Is URC next to the post office?
  • HI Vincent - that's great, thanks for letting me know - and it really does help resolve back issues. Yep - URC next to Post Office. Hopefully see you Thursday.