Welcome to the forum

Victoria RR

edited September 2013 in Road Racing
Another trip to Ugley for a 3/4 race with Pete and Carmelo, another really enjoyable ride! I managed to bridge across to a small break (thanks for the push, Carmelo!) and stay away with those guys for the 2nd and 3rd laps, the strongest guy in the group was only really after the primes so when those went he stopped doing so much work and we got caught.

Yet again, too much time for me on the front, not that it really mattered as on this course the finishing sprint is on a really narrow bit of road, if you're not round the left turn onto that road in the first 5 or 6 riders you're pretty much stuck where you are. I got boxed in approaching the turn and that was it for me, Pete nipped around me and finished 5 or 6 riders in front after being led out by Carmelo who finished just behind me. All of us had loads left to give but nowhere to go!

A break of two riders managed to stay away for a lap and a half to take 1st and 2nd and then the bunch sprint decided the lower places. Lovely morning for it, and another really enjoyable race out of Ugley.

Comments

• Shave that beard off Will and you'll save some precious seconds :)
    It was funny rolling through you guys on the way to my TT start, and then on the course there was a sportive going on with all manner of riders.
    All the main disciplines of cycling on the roads, in a beautiful pocket of country lanes, cycling at its finest.
  • good to see you ever so briefly! didn't recognise you in your new kit at first... how did you go? sorry i was in a rush, slept in and had to leg it over to get a place on the line so didn't manage to get warmed up before the start so was faffing with drinks and gels and all the other rubbish one needs...
  • the guy who won the sprint had a MASSIVE beard